What has made you smile this week?

Lucille

Some pictures my son emailed showing him and my grand baby, they were happy and healthy.

Air fryer garlic chicken drumsticks that turned out amazing

My living room, after some recent moving around I'm finally happy with it. For now.

The SNL 'Village People' skit

SaveComment52Like2
Comments (52)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honibaker

One week of sun, temperatures in the 70's and no rain. In Wisconsin. In November. So enjoyable to do fall clean-up and putting up Christmas decorations in beautiful weather!

3 Likes Save    
amylou321

Christmas music on the radio.

3 Likes Save    
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

A bottle of Cava to celebrate refinance on the mortgage.

7 Likes Save    
ccrunneroklahoma

SNL on YouTube was excellent and I always enjoy Trevor Noah.

2 Likes Save    
liira55

Getting an unexpected check in the mail from Telus for a credit on my account and I got refunded for my prescriptions, so that enabled me to buy a pair of much needed winter boots today.

7 Likes Save    
jemdandy

I woke up this morning and found that I was still alive, and the weather was grand.

11 Likes Save    
matti5

Lucille, did you see the recent SNL skit with Adele and the psychic? It was hilarious. I've watched it few times on YouTube. The Village People skit was also hilarious. Keenan and also Kate never fail to make me laugh. She is so versatile.

My smile for today was getting my xmas décor from the attic. I normally put my trees up on December 1st, but since there is nothing normal about this year, my house will be decorated before this weekend. I normally host the holiday dinners for my kids, spouses, other family and friends, but this year due to covid, it will be just DH and I. We have planned to Zoom with everyone for dinner.

2 Likes Save    
roy4me

We got to have breakfast with our daughter.

She works in a restaurant and has some funny stories.

3 Likes Save    
Fun2BHere

Unseasonably cold weather allowed me to snuggle in bed wearing flannel, such a lovely change from summer heat.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Woke up without feeling depressed which has been part of my life lately. Prayers

22 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

Beautiful weather and fall foliage.

DGD was home from college for a few days last weekend and we had Thai dinner together.

Helping decorate Christmas trees at our Botanical Garden today and tomorrow for the big Christmas light display.

1 Like Save    
Olychick

Hope!

7 Likes Save    
bpath

Two things: the super-fresh apple cider donuts from the farmer's market our son dropped off at the front stoop, and finally watching The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and swooning over the apartment and clothes.

4 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

Getting free arena time this week with "my" school horse so we could simply have fun and learn from each other. Winning the battle of the side pass with her when opening and shutting the gate. The feel of her transition smoothly into a joyful canter, perfectly in sync with me.

Learning our old plumber who moved will still come to us.

Getting my hair done at my hairdresser's new place.

Very pleased so far with my new Panasonic toaster over that replaced the failing Cuisinart.

Seeing my super smart Rottie get the spin command in three languages without hand signals. Watching her being such a good mommy to her imaginary puppy.

Dreaming of my next road trip when this is all over.

I've had a week full of smiles.

3 Likes Save    
stacey_mb

Enjoyed a walk today with a good friend for interesting conversation and fresh air, being mindful of physical distancing. It was an especially pleasant way to get my 10,000 steps.

Made spatzle noodles for dinner today to go with our chicken stew and it was delicious!

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

My husband & I did a side job together, volunteer work. The head of the committee was tickled at how fast we completed the work. ☺ We're a good team. I enjoyed it!

4 Likes Save    
Lars

Seeing Giuliani at Four Seasons Total Landscaping in Philadelphia made me smile.

22 Likes Save    
Uptown Gal

Exchanging puns with my oldest GS, yesterday, and then hearing his voice on the phone last night...still have a silly smile this morning. (Me too, Lars) LOL

2 Likes Save    
nickel_kg

Having weather mild enough to do some extra gardening chores was nice. Rain coming today, so the plants I moved should be happy. And my yucca is in full bloom, with a few bees at its blossoms. It's odd to me that it doesn't bloom in mid summer like all the other yuccas around here, but so it goes.

Save    
bpath

Wildchild, your dog has an imaginary puppy? Now that makes smile!

2 Likes Save    
happy2b…gw

Strolling aimlessly through this beach town in beautiful mild weather yesterday made me smile. It felt so good to engage in a long conversation with one of the shopkeepers. Other than my family, I have not really spoken to anyone in ages. Even better It is another picture perfect day for strolling.

Glenda, feel better. Don't let the ickies get you down. You are resilient and strong. You can count on me.

2 Likes Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Nothing really yet but Friday afternoon will make me smile as I start a 2 week vacation from work.

3 Likes Save    
cooper8828

It's chilly here today and I'm making chicken and dumplings for dinner. Win!

2 Likes Save    
Alisande

My 11-month-old grandson. I see him and his brothers occasionally outdoors, but I haven't been able to hold him and I've missed milestones like laughing and crawling. When my daughter-in-law mentioned this week that he's been walking, I expressed amazement and said something like, "I haven't even seen him crawl!" So she lifted him out of his stroller and put him on my lawn. And there, in the grass and in his socks, he gave me the cutest demonstration.

13 Likes Save    
dedtired

Two things stand out. I have a Ring doorbell and got a notice that someone was at my door. Turned out to be the little two year old girl from next door, talking to the stone bunny on my bench. Then she walked back down the walkway, stomping on leaves the whole way.

Last night I was cleaning out a drawer and came across some papers my son had written when he was little. They were so sweet and some were hilarious.

6 Likes Save    
Judy Good

We were all released from quarantine from covid. Everyone is healthy now.

10 Likes Save    
bpath

Our new grand-nephew born last night! First great-grandchild in DH’s family!

5 Likes Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Noticing the little things. The trees are gorgeous. My kitty is still with me and purring. Friendly neighbors. My home office is set up as my work office now. I feel more like working during work hours and it's separating the two halves of my whole rather than work all the time, and what day is it? Wait, wait, wait. I forgot! I fixed the lawnmower. Me, I did it.

1 Like Save    
mdln

How nicely so many other countries are responding to our happy news. Their newspaper headlines are great.

11 Likes Save    
SEA SEA

Reading that many of you are covid-aware and using good sense. That makes me smile.

Like mdln, finding out that other countries were happy for us. Nice surprise.

We got a foot of snow this past weekend. While that in and of itself doesn't make me happy, the fact that between all of us, we got it cleared and no one is more than sore is smile-worthy. None of us are getting any younger!

Save    
Lucille

I talked to my son a few days ago. It is heartwarming that he is thoughtful and knowledgeable about current events. It has been a horrible year for many, but like seeing a snowdrop poking through the snow, I see little sprouts of hope everywhere.

3 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

I haven't ridden Mariah in over 4 years, but I was pleasantly surprised that she has remembered everything I had taught her.

I really do love living here. I moved here just over a year ago, and I never thought I would ever move off the coast, but I love it here. It is absolutely beautiful, and the nicest people I have ever met. I have lived in Texas all my life, and I am used to nice people, but up here, they are even more so. Very helpful and kind.

6 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

We have had some ridiculously stunning weather...sunny and in the 70s when it would normally be in the 50s. Having that kind of weather to put the flower beds down and rake leaves has been phenomenal.

It was so nice that we actually had a patio sit with our neighbors the other night and it was so pleasant. Don't expect to be able to do that until maybe April at this point.

1 Like Save    
stacey_mb

When I came back from a nice brisk walk today, I smiled when I found that an ingredient for today's dinner was temporarily unavailable and the cook (moi) has an excuse to serve Lipton's Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner!

1 Like Save    
hallngarden

We smile every time we see our two grands cycling by. Our community is small and they cycle during virtual school break. We love to see them waving to us. So fortunate to live 2 blocks from grands. Our life is full of blessings.

2 Likes Save    
ladypat1

The sunshine when I wake up makes me smile. And I got a nice email from someone I worked with 3 years ago. I had no way to find her.

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

Coming into work this morning (yesterday morning actually) and seeing a bunch of extra people to work the holiday. It was super busy. Funny how veterans never seem to know that it's Veteran's day.

1 Like Save    
georgysmom2

Not a day goes by that Georgy doesn't make me smile. I love greeting her every morning! Tuesday I went out for lunch with my Mexican Train group. We haven't been together since February. We had to hurry up while we could still eat outside. That was not only a big smile for all of us, but lots of laughs, too.

1 Like Save    
desertsteph

my pup. she always (almost) makes me smile. she's such a weird character!

Save    
matthias_lang

80+ bags of leaves collected for the garden.

Little kid about 3 years old reaching just overhead to push her baby sib's stroller down the sidewalk.

Front yard concert across the street from us. We once had a lot of musicians in houses on my block. I thought they'd all moved, but I guess not.

Seeing a yellow ginko tree at 10 a.m. with all its leaves on the ground, when at 5 a.m. they had mostly been on the branches.

1 Like Save    
antiquesilver

Having a new dishwasher installed after waiting over 5 months for delivery.

Admiring the ginko trees across the street that are in full blaze.

Checking the fruit on my banana tree. In central VA. In November. In a shady, inner-city backyard.

Save    
wildchild2x2

Judy Good's post.

Save    
stacey_mb

I am back at the KT again and this definitely made me smile!

I am listening to audiobook A Christmas Carol and lots of smiles there. I had forgotten that there are actually 4 ghosts in the original story, not 3 as in the movie.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Arizona, Nevada and Georgia!

3 Likes Save    
joann_fl

Usually just my dog, she makes me laugh

Save    
Lucille

I am back at the KT again

Me too. Being banned by POV for a courteous disagreement has made me grateful for being here. Despite their policies that seem to indicate otherwise, two threads that merely disagreed with their HT thread removal policy were poufed. Heck, if threads are going to disappear in both places, I might as well stay in a place that I've been for decades.

Save    
hallngarden

My neighbor brought us oranges she just picked from her tree. Oh so good.

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

General Milley.

1 Like Save    
Lucille

I guess this can be an ongoing thread, because I smiled today when I found a half a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups hiding behind something else in the fridge.

3 Likes Save    
lily316

Pennsylvania staying the course. Newly rebuilt koi pond.

Save    
wildchild2x2

The quote for new patio from our concrete guy.

Seeing the mare I ride drop her head, lick and chew and process after a battle of wills. A win for both of us. Happy, relaxed horse, happy rider.

The sincerely helpful workers at Ikea. Went above and beyond to make it right for me.

Save    
Lucille

Seeing some people on a local chat board start a thread to help others, the people responding listed a real need and the group tried to help. There have been amazing heroes in this pandemic, each trying with the resources they have available to help.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Wall Treatments New This Week: 3 Powder Rooms With Smile-Inducing Walls
Looking for a happy place in your home? Let these walls speak to you
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘Each Piece Has a Story’ and More Words From the Week
Whether beating paper to a pulp or hanging glass plates as shed windows, Houzzers showed off amazing ingenuity this week
Full Story
Landscape Design Patio of the Week: Leafy Family Retreat Has Year-Round Beauty
The backyard features abundant plantings, evergreen structure and spaces that both adults and children can enjoy
Full Story