SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chas045

Freeze Dryer at Local Auction

chas045
3 years ago

Anyone interested in a possible super deal on a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer? In 2019, agmas posted This question about them. There is an online local auction near me that has the medium size unit for auction. it is Lot 66 and this is the auction site HERE.

I have used freeze dryers for scientific research so I understand how they work, but I don't think I have a need (I haven't even dehydrated anything) or of course the room for one. However, I'll bet annie has room somewhere and she showed mild interest. Perhaps plllog needs one to experiment with? In the agmas post, decarch points out that they require oil changes (harvest Right says every 7 runs) with special vac oil and other things could wear out but I would expect mainly rubber door seals.

But this could be a SUPER deal! A new one costs $2600. It is always possible that some national google searcher could be looking for one at just this time but it is more likely that it will be someone like me who would buy this for fun and wouldn't bid more than a hundred or much less. Aside from the possibility that it wouldn't work, the main issue would be the freight cost. These things are over 200 pounds. The auction company claims they will box and ship things. I would guess perhaps $50 but I suppose they charge for the packing too and that $50 ship is a guess only.

Comments (4)