SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
b_cz10

Cold zone Austin photos please

Bc _zone10b
3 years ago

I've been trying to find all of the older threads by cold zone growers to see photos of their David Austin roses. It would be great to try and build an updated thread with bush shots of everyones plants. Please feel free to post any pictures from your collections over the years. I've only had my small collection for one season, and would love to see how any of your Austins end up looking after a few years of growing in zones with harsh winters.

To start things off, here are some photos of one of my Bathsheba plants...awkward angle though taken from above, but it has grown up a tall patio wall (about 6 ft) and branched out about 5 ft wide. Pretty healthy leaves so far, probably one of the healthiest of all the Austins I planted. Full sun with coverage from some tall grasses in front of it. Have two next to each other, both doing great.

Second is one of my Carding Mill plants, in full sun, more dense soil. Longest cane is about 3.5 ft and the new canes are thicker than the ones from spring. I have another that I'll take a pic of that's in better soil, even thicker new canes that are about 5.5 ft tall.

*the fluffy fur in some pics is my dog hair. Helps to keep the rabbit and deer away.

Comments (31)