SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_509483019

I need advice on buying and placing furniture

L B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We moved into our house about a year ago, we have an open concept kitchen and living room. Opposite the kitchen we have a wall of beautiful picture windows and a corner wood stove. It is beautiful but very difficult to place the furniture. It's hard to have symmetry with the windows, our stairwell is to one side as well as a walk way needed from the front door into the kitchen. We also really enjoy sitting in front of the wood stove so it is nice to have a couch or chair facing that sometimes (we live in Sask, Canada so we have our wood stove going at least 1/2 the year). We are planning on this being our forever home so we are buying a new couch/set for this living room. I was thinking I would like to get a sectional that could make a C shape opposite the wood stove and still have a view of the windows as well as a walk way behind it. . But now I am second guessing that and wondering if I should get a loveseat, put that where the yellow chairs are now and move the yellow chairs to the wall where the beige couch is (we will for sure be getting rid of the beige couch). I can't figure out which would be the best option or if there is something better that I am not even considering. Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Comments (6)