SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871380533

Color suggestions for kitchen

Kathleen C
3 years ago

We are replacing cabinets in our kitchen to better utilize the space. The sink, island, and countertops, too. The floor will remain (I'll post a photo). My dilemma is - surprise - hubby and I have different color sense. :-). We have a few strong colors in our open plan, small, home: one dark red wall at one end and one green wall at the other, as well as a red door. Sage green couch, brown leather chairs. We also have a pass-through from kitchen to living room.

He wants some color in kitchen, too; we both agree it needs lightening up (currently maple - we had no choice). We want plain full overlay cabinets - no crown molding. I'm thinking some type of off-white (not bright) for uppers and a pale green or gray-green in the same family as our green wall on lowers or the island. He will accept that or similar, as long as the cabinets are not all pale. We haven't chosen our countertops yet, but they will probably be quartz. Half stainless/half white appliances, which we will eventually change to all stainless.

Any suggestions?

Comments (12)