Need To Unwind? - Chunk’s cheeriest moments might help

maddiemo

My son sent me a clip of a beaver munching cabbage which apparently reduces stress by 17% but it was only 45 seconds long.

However, Chunks contribution to making us feel better is a bit longer, so I opted for that.

SaveComment23Like7
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Uptown Gal

OMG....LOL l love those guys. Thank you for a smile this morning.

1 Like Save     Thanked by maddiemo
Jasdip

He's one well-fed little beaver! I didn't see a cabbage, but lots of apples, carrots, some pumpkin, even peanuts and a strawberry!

Did you notice the changing colour of the trees?

maddiemo

Hiya Jasdip, I think Chunk‘s a groundhog?...but here’s the beaver video my son sent me:)

2 Likes Save    
maddiemo

They look identical! Even I’m confused now:)

Save    
Michele

So cute!!!

roxsol

They look identical! Even I’m confused now:)

It’s all in the tail.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by maddiemo
maddiemo

Ahhhhh! Thanks Roxsol:)

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

Maddie, I read your post wrong! LOLOL Sorry about that!!

I love the beaver and cabbage! Yeah I think Chunk would be a groundhog, even though we can't see their tails.

Remember we were always told that beavers wash their food before eating it.

nicole___

Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cuteness overload!

nickel_kg

Thanks for sharing the video! and thanks to the gardener for sharing veggies with the groundhog!

sweet_betsy No AL Z7

I think that it is raccoons that wash their food.

Jasdip

Well I did again! I messed up. Thanks, Sweet_Betsy. I've decided that I won't comment any more today, I should probably go back to bed and start over!

Annie Deighnaugh

Cute but definitely a groundhog or wood chuck --- probably how he got his name.

patriciae_gw

Woodchuck for sure. I cant imagine encouraging one near your garden. The other is a beaver. Notice it is left pawed?

The woodchuck ate an apple just like a person,,,leaving the core. I would not have thought they would care about the fibery part.

share_oh

OMG I love how he just sits in front of the camera and eats! We have one living in a log pile in our front/side yard. As long as he stays out of my backyard and gardens I love having him there! I may set out some fruit after seeing this!

olychick

I clicked on one of a baby Chunk - they say they are groundhogs....

patriciae_gw

Ground hog=woodchuck. They are actually a form of Marmot. Generally viewed with a jaundiced eye by gardeners. These must be living under the garden shed/

norar_il

I saw the story about that, probably on facebook. Some animal was getting into his garden. He kept adding fencing and such to keep varmints out but the produce kept getting eaten. He set up a camera to see what was doing it and saw the groundhog sitting directly in front of the camera eating the produce The gardener got amused. Then the sweetie groundhog appeared too. The next year the guy put out an additional, easily accessible garden just for the critters he had gotten attached to. Nice story.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by maddiemo
joyfulguy

Did you see when he(?) ran to the hole under the garden shed?

No big, flat, hair-free tail.

Grounhog/woodchuck.

Their hole network has two holes at ground level, one includes a flattened pile, sort of pancakey-style, of dirt, the other is just a hole, usually about 6" wide, wiith no indicators ... that s//he runs to when threatened, while the predator may be aiming at the visible one.

Do you ever have an inclination to lead threateners astray?

ole joyful ... whose dad had a measure of concern lest one of our horses break his leg in a groundhog hole while one of a team of two (eight legs at risk) pulling a disk, cultivator, seed drill, grain binder or wagon collecting sheaves of grain to pull to the threshing machine by the barn/granary ... or mowing machine cutting hay, raking it into rows, or wagon pulling hayloader to fill that wagon, to take hay to the barn to feed cows and those same horses in winter.

o j

4 Likes Save     Thanked by maddiemo
Indigo Rose

Thanks for the entertainment , OP! I have a giant groundhog that lives under one of my sheds and I don't feel anywhere near so annoyed about him after watching this cuteness. I checked a few related video's of the family and found this comment by someone to be hilarious: So this is what my life has come to. Sitting here watching Groundhogs eat tomatoes.

laceyvail 6A, WV

Not interested in a cute groundhog. I'm having a terrible time with one invading my fenced garden. Can't figure out how he's getting in and he's raising hell with all my fall/winter greens. He's not climbing the posts either.

patriceny

I love them. I had one who has 3 babies and it made my world a little brighter watching them all waddle around. I called them Momma Chuck and The Chuckballs. :)

pudgeder

Well fed Whistle Pig. LOL

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Working With Pros 3 Reasons You Might Want a Designer's Help
See how a designer can turn your decorating and remodeling visions into reality, and how to collaborate best for a positive experience
Full Story
Houzz Tours Renovation Helps Tell the Story of a Couple’s Adventurous Life
A designer found on Houzz showcases meaningful items the homeowners collected during decades of living abroad
Full Story
Vacation Homes Houzz Tour: Modern Farmhouse Basks in Ojai’s ‘Pink Moments’
Big views, intimate spaces and bohemian style add up to a cozy family retreat in the mountains north of Los Angeles
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More