SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pippipal

Quartz shower - Cambria

pippipal
3 years ago
last modified: last year

I posted about a quartz shower, and here are photos I promised. 100% Cambria quartz shower! 1 cm walls done by local guys and custom shower tray made by Distinctive Tile & Stone in Washington. They will ship. The owner has a computer (CAD?) system that takes the dimensions and drain placement and grades it properly. The entire tray is roughed up so you don't slip to your death. The one thing that I will say about this is that it does seem to compromise the cleaning ease. Found this out the hard way when metal shavings from fixture install were left on the damp tray and it rusted. Getting the rust stains out was quite a chore, and when it is wet I can still sort of see faint staining. So I'm not sure if it's worth the bother of having quartz if it's not super-easy to clean, but I'll have to see how it holds up to ordinary usage.

UPDATE 2022: Still super easy to clean and holding up perfectly! I spray a little 409 and rinse and that's it. I rarely scrub with a sponge. In fact, the only thing giving me a hard time with cleaning is the glass surround!

Comments (8)