SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfharmon

Minimalistic Fireplace Mistake??

rfharmon
3 years ago

Please help me, I need help deciding on the best materials to use on my open-concept mid-century modern home FIREPLACE with nearby huge multi-colored stained-glass windows.

Here is a picture of my home:

OPTION ONE: I really want a concrete minimalist fireplace but I don't know what kind of concrete to use:

OPTION TWO: So, I was doing to use Ardex Cement Feather Finish to get minimalist design look but I'm growing increasingly scared that it won't last for more than a few years b/c it's not concrete, it's inconsistent in it's texture, and I'm starting to feel like I tile would be safer if I can't get concrete.

OPTION THREE: Picture of the CONCEPT GREY tile that I'm considering using, it comes in 3 sizes, here is a picture in the large format (24x48):

OPTION FOUR: I could also use the CONCEPT GREY colored tile (pictured above) in the 6x36 sizes. If I went the smaller 6x36 size, my fireplaces would look like this:

OPTION FIVE: Lastly, I could use the CONCEPT GREY colored tile in the 12x24 size and my fireplace would look like this.

What is your favorite material for my fireplace? Also, if you know the best material to use to get the minimalist concrete fireplace, please advise. Thanks.

Comments (35)