SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Favorite Pink Daylilies from 2020

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

This is the first of our favorite color and form posts. Please share your photos of your favorite pink daylilies from 2020 on this thread. There is no limit on how many pictures you post. Our next category is purple. There will be a separate thread for lavender.

These are my top ten favorite pinks from this season:

Memphis was one of my best budded and prettiest pinks this years. It's still blooming!

Dearest Valentine

Bubblegum Delicious

Carolina Pale Face

Pink Lemonade Party is always a great rebloomer! It still has a few buds on the latest rebloom scape.

Grandma's Smile

Pink Aloha

I'm Gonna Love You Through It

Neon Flamingo

Sweet Child of Mine

Debra

Comments (52)

• celeste/NH
    3 years ago

(Sorry to post like this but Houzz is only allowing me to post one, then I have to 'edit' to add another....and after that it doesn't allow me to post any more.)

NORTH WIND DANCER

PINK BRAID

• celeste/NH
    3 years ago

I'm not sure why my pictures are coming out so small but at least they are posting...LOL

GWENDOLYN ROSE

• Related Discussions

Purples, Pinks & My Favorite Daylily

Q

Comments (22)
    Thanks, everyone. For those interested in Catastrophe Waitress, it is still somewhat difficult to find, but definitely worth it if you can get it. In my opinion, the plant doesn't have a single negative trait. You're welcome, Debra. True to Whim is usually a shade darker, but always has those distinctive midribs.
    ...See More

Favorite Red Daylilies of 2020

Q

Comments (40)
    I like so many of these, my very favorites are The Ultimate Sacrifice, Betty Bush, Marietta Warrior, Terrorsaur, Velvet Throne, Scarlet Pumpernel. Seedlings are wonderful. I will try to post a few of min Early Shirley seems more cherry red to me Christmas Greetings, I know I took better pictures of it, it normally looks more red Little Red Warbler Indy Rhapsody Reindeer Antlers Heavenly United We Stand Shark Infested Waters Spiderman Thin Man
    ...See More

Favorite Orange Daylilies of 2020

Q

Comments (39)
    I had full intentions of commenting on each individuals blooms but not sure how to do it when there are soooooo many beauties being shown . Some that stood out for me are Sherry's Peach Pizzazz, Gasping for Breath from LilyKate's garden , Celete's WALTER'S TANGO and Brad's noid really grabbed my attention ( love the shape of the bloom ) , Debra's Ethel Bucola , MaryL's Glowing Quasar ......I could go on and on but I would be here forever. Hoosier_Nan's Spirit of Halloween ....wow! Nancy's Parrots of the Caribbean
    ...See More

Favorite Lavender Daylilies from 2020

Q

Comments (33)
    I like lavenders, although they tend to be more on the mauve side for me (but then I like mauve too). Way too many to comment on each but these stand out: Sherry: Why I don't have these yet is beyond me. There's a reason they are treasured daylilies from the past: Lavender Stardust and Trahlyta......Celeste: the Queen of purples and lavenders, if there's one UF that I still think about adding *(IIHR) it's Ocean Spirit. It looks good for eveyrone......Kate: I grew Ava Gardener and this Smith daylily had such wonderful form. Most Smith daylilies don't last for me, fading away in their pot after a couple of years, and she was no exception. For anyone else, she's a good one to trial...........Debra: Did I ask this question before? Royal Invitation has drawn my eye for 3 years now, but the bud count is lousy at 10-15. No More Tears has the same bud count but produces many more blooms for me then listed (and that's not rebloom, just regular bloom). So how does it do for you. It is a beauty............Maryl * PS I get tired of typing this so I'm shortening it to IIHR (If I Had Room).
    ...See More
  • celeste/NH
    3 years ago

I will give up now....but I saved the best for last....my first ever seedling to bloom!

BENTLEY SAMUEL X RED RIVER DANCER

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Celeste - I haven't had much of a problem posting on Houzz this year - until now. I had trouble posting this thread. It took two tries, and then I didn't think it would ever upload. You have a lot of pretty pinks! I love your Samuel Bently seedling. Gwendolyn Rose is a beautiful shade of pink, and I'm drawn to Pink Braid.

Debra

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

I know some people don’t like pink daylilies but I love this color!! These are some real beauties here! I still have to get mine organized and pick out my favorites!!

I don’t see any on here I would not have in my garden. Memphis continues to shine, Debra, and I am glad I moved mine this fall. Yours is so pretty I will not post my picture of it!! DV is lovely and I am glad you talked me into Sweet Child of Mine. Celeste, you know how I enjoy your Kitty Bannerman and I like your new one, Gone to Glory. Does it not hang up for you? Your seedling is gorgeous! Now to try to find mine!!

Kate

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

Houzz is not letting me post any pictures. I tried earlier today and lost that post which consisted of 6 pictures (which I can normally post). Now I just lost a post with two pictures. I'll try just one to see if it will work.

Buddy's Pinkie was nice this season.

3 years ago

Ok, I guess I have to do it one at a time.

Debra and Celeste, you both have such nice pinks. I can't decide which I like best. I like pink daylilies, but Bob is not a fan.

Delinquent Doll was new this year. It's a late bloomer.

3 years ago

Heavenly Be My Valentine is becoming a favorite of mine.

3 years ago

Rossen's Best Edge is one of the fanciest in the garden. We have always been afraid that it would be tender so it spends its winters in the greenhouse.

3 years ago

The color is a little brighter on this picture than it should be . On Your Knees You Will Find Him is a a nice daylily. It has grown well here, but it won't set seed for us. We have used its pollen.

3 years ago

We moved Pink Stripes to a better spot in the garden and it did well. I like its flowers.

3 years ago

Rosie Cotton's Ribbons surprised us this year. The flowers were larger and the color was intensely rose.

I'll stop here as it is a little tedious to make so many posts.

Nancy

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Well, I got 10 pictures that seemed like they were going fine, but failed to post. I will try a few different, in case those might possibly show up later.

Bubble Gum Twist

Treasure of the Southwest

Smoky Mountain Autumn does not seem quite pink, but I am not quite sure what color it is

If the 10 I posted earlier don't show up, I will try to repost those, they were my very favorites!

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Sugar Magnolia

Party Pinafore

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Clown Parade

Hush Little Baby

Dr Jules Michael Vinkman

Finish with a Flourish

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Afraid the Houzz trend would continue!! Will try again. Had comments but too time consuming to rewrite them.

Song Writer. Posted this recently on rebloom post.

Gwendolyn Rose

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Pink Jeans

The noid I loved (no, that’s not the name!!)

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

OK, this is exhausting!! I give up on these last ones! Maybe later.

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I wonder what's going on with Houzz that it's so difficult to post again.

Hoosier Nan - I love Rosie Cotton's Ribbons, On Your Knees You Will Find Him and Rossen's Best Edge.

Kate - Song Writer and the NOID are my favorites of yours.

Nancy - Those are fabulous clump shots of Clown Parade and Hush Little Baby.

Here are some more of my favorite pinks from this year.

Rosie Cotton's Ribbons by Hoosier Nan was gorgeous. It was new and only had one scape. I'm excited to see what it does next year. The blooms had nice rose color and excellent gold-tooth edges.

Last Chance for Romance was my best budded pink - it had multiple scapes with at least 20 buds.

Divas in Diamonds was also a good performer last summer, but not as good as in previous years.

If these go through, I'll post some more tomorrow.

Debra

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Elegant Candy

Rachelle Agin

Bold Symphony

That’s enough. There are some real beauties you guys posted but commentary appears to interfere with posting so I will save that for separate post.

• celeste/NH
    3 years ago

I'm loving all of these. I do like Rosie Cotton's Ribbons....great work Hoosier_nan!

Kate, Gone to Glory is new this year but I was so pleased to see that it doesn't hang up in my

climate! That is so important here.

Trying to post another couple pics if the Houzz gods are merciful this morning:

KATHERINE CALDWELL

DANCE WITH SOMEBODY is new this year

JODY ANN

PINK PRINCESS SLIPPERS

GREYWOODS FRUIT DE LOOPS

Wow......I was able to post all these without incident this morning.....unlike yesterday. I just had

to post one at a time, using the 'edit' feature. Houzz gods must be sleeping in....lol

Not a daylily, but these PINK roses are defying Mother Nature and blooming in NH in October...along

with the falling leaves....

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

So many gorgeous pinks. Last night Houzz let me put up 9 pics, but when I hit submit, the post disappeared. Any comments I posted disappeared too, of course.

Memphis is so perfect, and great color on Dearest Valentine and Pink Aloha

Love Gwendolyn Rose and Celeste's seedling, that seedling is a keeper

Heavenly Be my Valentine caught my eye, will have to look for that one

Song writer and Kate's pink noid are so pretty

Also love Diva's in Diamonds, Rachelle Again and Dance with Somebody

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

So the pinks have started. All of them are appealing in one way or another............. Debra: Your shot of Pink Aloha with multiples is gorgeous. It remains one of my all time favorites. It bloomed forever it seemed for me this year. I find Dearest Valentine to be in the same catagory as Rose Masterpiece. More of a deep rose verging on red rose. I guess that's the pink family, but to me it's different.............Celeste: Gwendolyn rose is a pretty thing, and so is your new seedling. Congratulations........Nan: Rosen's Best Edge puts me over it (the edge that is). I wish the base color was deeper, but boy, I'm tempted by that edge.........Kate: Songwriter and Rachel Agin are tops. Elegant Candy is doing a marvelous job at mass display also.......I'll post a couple of mine separately just to save me grief if Houzz is acting up again...............Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Celeste - I'm glad posting was easier for you this morning. I couldn't even post any pictures in the comments during the late morning. Your roses are so pretty, and how nice to have them blooming this late. I especially like Jody Ann and Pink Princess Slippers.

Kate - The clump shot of Elegant Candy is impressive. Mine blooms growing in the shade, but doesn't multiply or have many buds in recent years.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

Going to try posting. If it doesn't work, you'll never know-lol........

I've had to cut down quite a bit (and need to do more), so most of these you've seen before. Obviously they are special enough to me to still merit space:

Wild Cherry Wine:

Honky Tonk Barbie. It just grows and blooms so well for me. Always reblooms here. A rarity:

I hope never to be without this pink. It's old and simple, but totally reliable and produces such a wonderful mass display. A friend of mine in California even gets rebloom off of it, though I never have. Sometimes it has the cutest bunny ears:

Yesterday Memories:

Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Maryl - Those three are lovely. Honky Tonk Barbie did not rebloom for me this year, nor did I get that kind of edge on it. But I got it in a trade and it had almost no roots starting out, so I'm giving it another year to shape up here. A lot of people who grow it, rave about it. Wild Cherry Wine has such pretty shade of pink, and Yesterday Memories is a classic.

Debra

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Lovely ones Maryl. I got Honky Tonk Barbie because of you pictures and how well you like it. First year and it bloomed well and seems very healthy. No rebloom for me either, but I got it late June if I remember right so it might have needed more time to settle in. I always like Wild Cherry Wine when I see it.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

I’m late to the party, let’s see if Houzz is nice or not.

Banshee Whisper is a favorite and a good grower.
    crystalline Entity had an off season, has done well till this year.
    Itza Pink Teddy
    Jolyene, a favorite smaller daylily.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

A few more pinks

Undercurrent, a good performer here, has rebloomed for me.
    Zuzu’s Treasure, the prettiest pink of them all.

Sherry

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

Sherry, I think my favorite is Banshee Whisper, I do tend to like the uf form. I had South Sea Serenade for many years til I moved it and it died. Always a pretty pink. Undercurrent is a pretty color.

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Pretty ones, Sherry! I love your photo of Zuzu's Treasure, and South Sea Serenade is a lovely shade of pink. Jolyene always catches my eye.

Debra

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I've tried to post the last few of my pinks twice yesterday and once today, and every time -poof - they disappear. Finally it went through on the fourth try!

Keepsake Rosie tied with Memphis for the second best-budded pink.

Zuzu's Treasure - I was really pleased with the rebloom on my intro this year. It had only rebloomed one other year.

Princess Diary always has pretty flowers. This was the first year it didn't rebloom.

Judy's Jewel finally showed the whiter looking edge that made me buy it. It only looks this way when night temps. Usually in my hot climate the edge is a heavily beaded gold. It did not increase from last year to this one, and scapes were very short again.

Old Time Italian did not have a good showing during the regular season since part of the clump was attacked by grubs. But the flowers that rebloomed very late this year were marvelous.

Dancing Flamingo had her troubles this year - grub attacks, critters breaking scapes - but those scapes that bloomed and rebloomed had some striking blooms.

Pretty Desirable

Debra

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Judy’s Jewel is lovely! Too bad the plant habit is not!! Maybe it will improve next year. Dancing Flamingo is pretty striking! Love the clump shot of Undercurrent and Banshee Whisper is nice!! I always love the photos of Wild Cherry Wine-such a pretty color!

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Kate - If I ever get the grubs fully under control, I think Judy's Jewel will have a fine plant habit. I really think grubs eating the roots are why the scapes are short and any new fans get devoured. But it is naturally a slow multiplier, I think. I've finally gotten enough grub control on nearby Pink Lemonade, Sanford Intermezzo and Ice Cream Emperor that they have scapes the registered height and have multiplied well this year. The grubs got to Judy, Bubblegum Delicious and Sexy Samantha before I applied the grub potion. I think I may need to apply in late February here, rather than March and April.

One more pink.

Shores of Time had its best season in a long time. It was registered height and rebloomed on six scapes.

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    3 years ago

I've always liked Shores of Time. The one year I got it to bloom it looked beyond my expectations. Then rust hit. The pain of throwing it out in full bloom can still make me cringe..............Old Time Italian is a pretty one although it looks on the lavender side of pink................ Sherry: Undercurrent is gorgeous, but again looks on the purple side of pink. Not that that is a bad thing at all..........I'm rushing around trying to put all my daylily pots in a protected area since our weather is about to change Friday or I'd comment more. I never think I have that many daylilies after all my cut backs until I have to move pots. Groan..................Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Maryl - Old Time Italian is registered as a pink lavender. It looks more pink in the sun and lavender in the shade.

Since others are posting their seedlings as favorites. I'll post some pics of my favorite pink seedling, Dancing Flamingo x Bubblegum Delicious. This one will be an intro in two to three years. It's already multiplied to nine fans. It has 7.5-8 inch blooms on 31-inch scapes with 17-20 buds.

Debra

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Posting went well on the purple thread, so I'm going to hurry up and get some pinks out. I'll comment on all of yours later.

This is not a favorite of mine, but my wife and daughter really like it. Abundant Joy

Chance Encounter, a favorite!

Castle Pinkney had an amazing year.

Indy Phantom

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Pastures of Pleasure

Egyptian Ibis had a super year.

Jolyene Nichole

VT Sept. Star

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

VT Rose Rosy

Beck Lynn, looks a lot like Indy Phantom.

Sugar Magnolia

Pink Lantis

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Smiling Ladies

Barbara Mitchell

Wind Frills

Spiritual Corridor

That's all, folks!

Brad

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Nice ones, Brad! That's a beautiful photo of Sugar Magnolia. VT September Star stands out to me too!

Debra

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

Brad, I like Becky Lynn, I like the midrib.

Debra’s Seedling Chance Encounter X Never Been Kissed did well it’s first season here.

Sherry

• lilykate7a
    3 years ago

Brad-Castle Pinkney and Smiling Ladies-how pretty!

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

Although the season here was crap this year ( worst ever in the 15 years I have been growing daylilies) , I still managed to get some shots of blooms . Here are some of my favourite pinks

Cote D'azure was new last season

Heavenly Pink Fang was new last season

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

a few more

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

and to finish up

and a seedling a friend shared with me Radiation Biohazard x Rose F. Kennedy . This is a great plant

• shive
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Heather - Thanks for posting. I really like Pink Piglet!

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

NIce group, Heather. My favorites are TRIPPED OUT, Miss Piggy and Pink Piglet.

I don't know what the first flower is, but Court Magician is a dark purple. Check it on garden.org.

Brad

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

Heather, so many nice pinks! I’m getting into doubles, Dottie Dolittle is my favorite. I’m glad to see a posting of Smurfette, it was added here this spring. I was wondering how pink or purple it would be, with that name you would hope for blue, not happening ; )

Sherry

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

Brad you are absolutely correct . Thanks for pointing that out . I have removed the image from the post . It is no doubt a result of either my dogs tearing up the tag and someone just plunking one where ever or tag was chewed up with the lawnmower and hubby found a loose tag and put it there . I will have to dig the plant up come spring as I have a name tag planted under every plant so I dont end up with a noid as a result of any mishap . I learned my lesson the hard way years ago so now I put a tag under a plant , plant tag in the ground at 3 oclock when facing the plant and the tag that you see as you walk along the gardens.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths