SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khaubs

Window pains! What should we do?

K H
3 years ago

We moved in the end of May this year. It’s cold and windy today and I can feel some air coming in the sides of the windows. We researched windows a ton and our rural part of the world has the best service for Simonton windows. Our builder mostly puts them in so that’s what we went with their 600 series. We chose the brickmould only option for the basement windows and the back of the house because our builder said it would save us several thousand dollars in labor, j channel window filler and smart trim. But I noticed the front windows we have trim on are caulked around but the ones on the back aren’t. So my question is should we add caulking to these? And how do we get in the little gaps? Or is this a complete failure on our builders part? Im sure if I asked him to come caulk them he wouldn’t come. We had some trouble at the end with what I thought was quality finish work compared to what he thought was quality... (the windows were flashed properly with house wrap and window tape, I remember looking that up when we were at that stage of the build)

Comments (8)