SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

Perennial gardeners what are your favourite ANNUALS in 2020?

rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am a dyed in the wool perennial gardener but each year I appreciate more and more the variety offered by annuals. The "sleep, creep, leap" for annuals happen all in one season...luv that almost instant gratification which is nic

(All 5 pictures below were taken this past week ie mid October)

I am completely impressed with Lantana. This is my first year planting it en masse. As I am sure many of you know it thrives on sun and dry and no dead heading....it always looks immaculate.

Here is "Berry Punch":

An oldie but a goodie for me ie Gomphrena started from seed, directly in the soil in a container in late May. (For whatever reason I have way more success with gomphrena from seed when in a container rather than in the ground).

And finally my only ever Dahlia ie "Mystic Illusion" (and also always in a pot):

The past couple of seasons I have planted Ageratum but only in small pots...more as an after thought. But with long lasting blooms, water conserving, and tight habit....I will do an in ground planting en masse next season.

I would love to see and hear about your favourite annuals from this past season as I am always loking for new plants to try come May.

Comments (33)