SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_58760076

Help with Ceiling Fan Size Puzzle

Kristi Brennan
3 years ago

Would really appreciate feedback: I am replacing a fan in an 17x17 living room (the adjacent kitchen adds another 14 feet in length - it is an open floor plan) ), A 60 inch 3blade seems like it would work well for the living room space, BUT the current fan isn't centered in that 18x18 space, it is over the seating area, a 12x17. Current fan is 52 inches, Would it look OK to replace that 52 with a 60? There may be more air movement through the entire space.....

REally appreciate feedback. The size charts seem a bit rigid, maybe dated? . Saw a couple articles that support larger fans than the usual charts. But the warnings of overpowering a room w large fans concern me. I can't afford a super classy fan, so not trying to make a statement with the ceiling fan.

I was looking at the hunter sentinel, 3 blade integrated light. I have these in 52 inch, all white, in the bedrooms and love the minimalist profile - blend into the ceilings, work well, very quiet. The 60 inch isn't available in white, but thought I would do brushed nickel in the living room anyway- still light and clean, matches decor/fixtures throughout.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!