SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turnby

Need help with proper etiquette when working with interior designer

turnby
3 years ago

My husband and I recently moved into a newly built home and have hired a design firm to help us decorate our new modern contemporary open concept home. Our children are all young adults and we have basically given them all of our old furniture as we plan on basically "starting from scratch" when decorating the main living space/ dining area/ kitchen. We had to put down a sizable amount of money in order for the design team to start working on a design plan. We have had two meetings with them and they have made second selections for various things that we hadn't loved in the first meeting. After the second meeting I'm still feeling like they don't quite understand my style. I'm beginning to feel like maybe I should have done things myself. Given the money we will be spending on the furniture I really want to LOVE it, given we will have it so long. Here's where the questions come in... I have found a sofa that I like from Arhaus that I like. The Krypton fabric on it is very similar, if not the same, Krypton fabric they had suggested. (I knew I wanted Krypton). Would it be of bad form to tell them that I found this sofa and want to purchase it? I know the accent chairs and dining table they selected I definitely want to purchase thru them. Should I feel like I need to buy everything thru them?

Comments (7)