SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nmbexcuse

Please help me decide where to plant a new tree

Miami Cuse
3 years ago

I have a backyard area that is about 80' wide by 70' deep, fully fenced. Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA zone 10b.

I would like to plant a new rainbow eucalyptus. Yes, I know, a big tree.

Here is a sketch of my back yard. The house is on the south side, the back yard is to the north. I have also annotated the existing plants and trees nearby.

Going from west to east, there is a large oak tree to the west that is on my neighbor's property but close to the property line. On the north side near the fence is a mango tree, to the east of it a coconut palm, further to the east is a hedge of bamboo along the back fence. Then on the south east end of the back yard is a pongame oil tree. I have recently planted two fishtail palm clusters just north of the patio hoping to offer some filtered shades in the future.

The middle of the yard is quite bare with just grass.

I am trying to decide where I should plant the rainbow eucalyptus. I know this tree can grow to over 100' tall, but I have seen a few mature species here in South Florida they top off about 35' to 40'.

I am trying to decide whether to plant is right in the middle of the yard, or further to the right, or left, or the NE corner where there isn't an existing tree but the canopy will grow over my neighbor's yard in the future.

I would appreciate any ideas on where to plant it. Here are some additional annotated pictures of the back yard area.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living