SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tara_dee02

Please HELP to modernize 2000's dining room furniture!!

Tara Dee
3 years ago

HELP!!! Looking for some advice. We have this early 2000's solid wood dining room set (same as first pic below only table is more oval) that was a wedding gift from my inlaws (one of whom has since passed) so has some sentimental value. I don't love love it, but it's so functional and in beautiful shape, we do not want to refinish or replace it at this time. Instead, I'd love some advice re: area rug, decor, wall decor/artwork, table runner, etc. to make it work.

Other info: we are currently in the middle of a pretty major main floor reno.

• Our main floor is a very open concept with several levels (2-3 steps apart).... so lots of white railing.
  • New kitchen cabinets will be warm white, counters white/grey granite, walls light grey/mushroom
  • Flooring will be light wood tone (second pic below)
  • I love indoor plants, so vibrant greenery seems to be my accent color of choice :)
  • Adjoining living room (just a white railing away) has fireplace with chunky dark walnut mantle and slate grey tiles.
  • Adjoining living room also has three antique side tables in very similar wood tone to the dining set (these could be refinished). Other furniture and area rug will be replaced with something new so possibility exists to coordinate there too.

Thanks so much for any assistance you can offer me! Really want to make things look right with our dining table and our gorgeous new kitchen. <3

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert