SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rochelle_todd90

Major granite variation

3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Would this particular issue with granite upset you in a new construction? I’m wondering if there’s anything that can be done. you can see at least a 12 inch section very different in the color and pattern on the island, also, We were told the “Caledonia“ granite would be white and gray. (What we received is more brown). they sent the first picture for clarity on the gray and white coloring. The other pictures are of our countertops we only saw for the first time today. The cabinets are gray, the tile is white with gray veins and the backsplash is gray... the last picture is a direct picture of the massive imperfection Which another can be seen on the far counters near where the fridge will be. editing to add, we are a military family and we’re not able to go and hand select the granite used. We also were not offered. I understand that it is a natural stone and I am able to embrace smaller Variations. this was simply more a question of is there a standard of inclusions? Is there a size that a fabricator would/should not use? I appreciate those who are not rude in their responses. This Is apparently a learning experience.

Comments (50)