SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyhouse6_gw

Major misstep or can this work???

crazyhouse6
15 years ago

Please help. I am deep in cabinet hardware he** and need to make a decision now (yesterday actually). I think I made a mistake when I put pewter colored insets into my cooktop backsplash. I liked the color and was thinking it would match the SS appliances, sink faucet and island lights that are "platinum dusk." Just got my lights today and platinum dusk is actually gold and black (more ORB looking than SS). Should the hardward match the lighting or the SS items? I was thinking that I was going to go with a rust or brownish toned hardware like the overall feel of the kitchen and house, but when IÂve looked at them at the house I am leaning toward wrought iron (black/silver). I keep thinking that they should be brown/black/bronze, so IÂm afraid to go with the cooler black/pewter hue, but that's what I thought looked best on site. I am on a very tight timeline and do not have the time to change the lighting choice or the insets, but am afraid I made mistake and donÂt know how to pull all this together. What finish do you think I should be choosing for the cabinet hardware?

Also, do you put the same hardware on the entire kitchen or do the island differently? Our island is cream painted/glazed and the other cabinets are medium tone stained alder. I've looked at a million pictures, but still can't get a good feel for what I should do with this.

Thanks!

(Don't know if this matters, but sink is cafe brown and granite is giallo ornamental.)

Overall kitchen - grout is not dry in this picture. It's not nearly this dark.

My KD insisted on being in this pic while the refrig. surround was out -

Comments (6)