SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoot_dujour

Ideas for changing small en suite layout

Hoot DuJour
3 years ago

We have a very small en suite bathroom. It’s the bottom one in the floor plan.

Here is what we are currently thinking, but I would love feedback on if we should consider doing things differently:

Hall bath:
Make the hallway bath a half bath to add square footage to the en suite.

We have a full bathroom with tub upstairs so removing this tub/shower isn’t a concern for us.

I am not sure about how much square footage we will actually gain and whether or not it will make a big difference.

We briefly considered moving our washer dryer in here (currently in the basement) but I think it would feel too cramped and this bathroom gets a ton of use because it’s the main bathroom on this floor.

We would move the toilet to the wall where the tub is currently, facing the vanity.

En suite:

Switch the location of the shower and vanity. The current shower is so small I don’t use it.

This room is potentially wider due to taking square footage from the hall bath.

Notes:

Our sinks aren’t as large as shown. We have a lot of counter space but I didn’t want to spend my time changing the sizes of the sinks.

There is a wall between the en suite shower and the hallway bath tub, but I was having a bit of trouble with the floor plan app. The measurements of the shower are accurate, the tub is slightly smaller than shown because of the wall between the rooms.

We know moving plumbing is costly, but our current bathroom isn’t functional for us the way it is now. They are the original 50s bathrooms, and while in pristine shape, as I mentioned above I don’t even use our en suite shower.

Comments (10)