SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbear_15

Need HELP designing layout for small guest room

kbear_15
3 years ago

I have a small guest room (see attached floor plan with dimensions of walls as well as corresponding current pictures). Guests generally come and stay for 1-2 weeks at a time and usually involve a couple, necessitating a queen bed.

I am removing the builder's grade crappy closet (1 shelf, 1 rod) and plan to install one with multiple shelves, long/short hang, 2 shoe shelves and 2 drawers (which should provide more much functional storage).

My questions - how should I arrange furniture in this room (given the constraints of the size, bifold closet doors, and 2 doors on the east wall). I am trying to make the room feel less crowded (which I know is limited given its size and requirement of a queen bed).

I need a queen bed & TV - other than that, I am open to purchasing new furniture if it fits the room really well. Would love input on actual known practical/useful furniture for small spaces (especially with extra storage) and the actual layout/where to put in the room.

Bonus - would love to paint the room - any recommended paint colors for guest bedrooms? (only window is north facing, no direct sunlight - so generally a dark room).

NORTH WALL

WEST WALL:

SOUTH WALL:

EAST WALL:

Comment