SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz_nagel28

Need Layout Help!! Front door opens into small living room.

Liz Nagel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have arranged this room so many times and have not found a proper flow yet. The front door opens into the living room which is our only living room space. We primarily watch tv in here. Then it opens into our dining space (which I am still in the process of redoing). I am going to take down the painting and hang a mirror and put a skinny table on the back wall.

I need a fresh set of eyes and opinions to help me with this problem. I am just starting out, so mostly everything I have salvaged but I am open to buying new items for the room. Also open to paint suggestions but I want to keep the dining room red.

-Is there anything I should get rid of?

-Need general layout

-Where should I put the TV?

The front door

Dining room view

EDIT:

Hi All! Thank you so much for the help. The sectional is not reversible. We are hoping to replace it once our lab puppy stops chewing, since he tore a huge hole in the cushion. Here is what I have done so far. I am not so sure about the book case though. And since our house is from the 1950s...the floor is not level to the wall at the corner there so it has a slight tilt. What do yall think?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County