Summer's over, autumn has fallen...I smell smoke

fawnridge (Ricky)

I've known Rub Bagby for over twenty years through my affiliation with the Florida Barbecue Association. He's a world-renowned competition barbecue cook who's cooked on several different continents. His sauce has won awards by the truckload and it's available in hundreds of supermarkets on the East Coast and beyond.

His mustard-based sauce is an absolute must for pulled pork. (You wouldn't make a ham and Swiss cheese sammich and leave out the mustard, right?) We traded - cookies for sauce - and his box of goodies arrived yesterday. I immediately drove to the supermarket and purchased a Boston Butt and two racks of Loin Back ribs.

My apologies to those of you who don't live in our neighborhood...

SaveComment7Like3
Comments (7)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

Looking good Ricky!! I hadn't heard of Rub Bagby but I gargled him and he certainly has an impressive resume. I don't recall seeing his Swamp Boys sauces in the stores around KC either but there are so many to choose from that I may have missed it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Not many mustard based sauces around here. Arthur Bryant's original is probably the best known....some people love it and others really hate it.

The only time I stop smoking meat is in the coldest part of winter when it can be hard to keep the temperature up. I did about 7 lbs. of pork belly burnt ends last weekend which turned out great.

1 Like Save     Thanked by fawnridge (Ricky)
ediej1209 AL Zn 7

Yumm. Our next Butcher Box should be here the end of this week and we are getting a pork butt to smoke. I can't wait!!

Save    
annie1992

Ricky, that looks pretty good. Elery is the "pit master" here, I don't touch his smoker but we do have some pork butt in the freezer that should be used, maybe I can talk him into smoking some this weekend or next.

Jack, you "gargled" him? LOL.

Annie

Save    
Islay Corbel

Looks good. I think I'll have to adopt "gargle" . 😂

Save    
artemis_ma

One of my goals next year is to buy a smoker.

1 Like Save    
fawnridge (Ricky)
Save    
nancyjane_gardener

The only smoke I smell is from wildfires!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Fall Gardening Autumn’s Spent Flowers Enrich the Off-Season
The garden season never ends when you think beyond summer blooms
Full Story
Life 9 Simple Ways to Savor Summer’s Final Days
Go ahead, ignore the calendar. Stretch out that easygoing, warm-weather feeling with these ideas for indoors and out
Full Story
Life At-Home Cures for Autumn’s Time Change Blues
The long, dark evenings of late fall and winter can be daunting. Lighten them up with these tips
Full Story
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More