SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_331064730

Urgently need help styling an older dining set, please!!

AJ
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all!

I'm in the process of purchasing a house, and I'm looking at buying this dining room set (I have it on hold until Tuesday):

I love the chairs and the wood inlay in the table, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, because I have no idea how to style it. It looks much more formal and older than anything else I own right now, but I really don't want to re-cover the chairs or paint the table. What kind of decor can I bring in to make it more "modern"? I was thinking of a fun rug, but I really don't know what style/colors would go with it. Or a tablecloth with a funky runner, white buffet (the kitchen cabinets are white), and a few plants? I can't decorate for beans, but I'm open to any and all ideas! This room (and the rest of the house) is your canvas :-)

Here's a picture of the current dining room for reference (I blocked out the decor from the sellers / current home owners, as I don't want to post their personal belongings online). The only thing I'm changing is the flooring; I'm replacing it with a mid-tone teak floor:

Thanks for your help!!

Comments (22)