SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillian_olsen2

Bathroom remodel mistake - need advice!!!

Jillian Olsen
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

i just spent a lot of money on a bathroom remodel. I’m a single lady and dont have anyone to help me so hoping so I can get some advice here! The tiling job was not great - they refused to go to the ceiling saying that bc the house was not even and also bc the tiles on the ceiling would crack. The frame of the tiles is an ugly metal, not even a tile frame. the baseboard is a cheaper metal covering.

I chose this contractor bc they gave me a choice of material (tiles/fixtures) to choose from in order to stick to my budget. I didn’t have to go out shopping myself. Big mistake.

The grout on the floor also cracked and shower shelf also cracked. They said they’d fix it. But this is 7 months after the remodel.

I really keep fixating on the bathroom. I still will live in my house for the next 4-5 years and then I’d like to sell eventually so I’m worried buyers might not like the bathroom.

I need advice as I have no idea what I’m doing. Do I hire someone I know could re-tile better? It’d just cost me and extra few thousand Plus choosing new tiles. Or am I being crazy and just leave it? Any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (18)