SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amanda_slamm

Lars’ roasted hot pepper sauce

agmss15
3 years ago

Good early morning to all! Fall has arrived. It is condiment making season. I have made a mild batch of Annie’s salsa and have another spicier one planned.

Last night I roasted peppers on my grill. It is my second batch of sweet peppers and then pile of mixed hot ones.

More of both to come - I dragged 11 huge laden pots of peppers onto my porch for three frosty nights and then back out to ripen. Now it looks like we have at least a week or two of ‘warm‘ nights for them to ripen. Plus my brother in law is bringing peppers home from work and my sister is scared of spicy ones and quietly passes some to me.

Roasted sweet peppers get chopped up a bit with salt, garlic, vinegar and olive oil and frozen. Some hot peppers will turn into chiu chow garlic chili oil which is my most requested food gift. I use this recipe and dried some of my own peppers to use. https://thewoksoflife.com/how-to-make-chili-oil/

The hot ones I roasted were considerably spicier than I expected. And I was thinking about making Lars’ roasted habanero sauce. I looked for the recipe but all I found was a post about someone’s grand baby and a lovely gift of peppers and lime leaves from Lars. Anyone have the basic recipe?

Sorry for the sideways photo. When I turned it sideways on my phone it is still sideways here.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES