SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

I want to do a gallery wall in my bathroom ...

IdaClaire
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Having recently added gallery walls to our powder bath and loving the outcome, I've now decided that I want to surround myself with art in our master bath. (OK, "my" master bath, as DH's bathroom is upstairs.) I love looking at these pieces while showering in the morning, as they recall happy times and fun places I've experienced. When we first moved in, I had only a couple of things on the walls in this space, but now I long for more of an exuberant expression, I guess you'd say. Problem is, I'm having trouble with this wall where the towel bar is. I don't want to move the towel bar (really need it to stay where it is), but something just feels a bit "off" here, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm pretty happy with the other walls in this room; it's just the wall behind the tub with the towel bar that keeps me confounded.

This picture (with very strange coloring - don't know why) shows the adjacent walls surrounding the tub:

Here's the opposite window wall:

And here's the Confounding Wall. The "adobe village" piece up top was just recently hung there, and I like it more than I thought I would. It's an unframed canvas, and I should probably at least paint the sides of the canvas if I don't end up framing it. The wall ends just to the left of the three pieces hung one above the other on the left. There are wall outlets for a TV/cable at the top of this wall, which I don't intend to ever use and can cover; however, it's not easy to access the high reaches of this space.

Last night I tried the framed mountain scene above the window where the canvas adobe village is (and vice versa). Didn't look right to me.

Any ideas on how to better arrange this?

ETA: Maybe my mistake is in trying to keep the framed landscape (one of my most treasured pieces, by the way) centered above the towel bar. There's no magic to centering a piece there, right?

Comments (23)