SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_quilkey50

Adobe kitchen help

Jennifer Q
3 years ago

Hi

We bought this adorable adobe house and would like to add some color to the kitchen. We love the maple butcher block countertops but feel with the cedar cabinets/drawers and saltillo tiles there is just too much brown everywhere.

This is a picture from the listing so feel free to go to town on it. Nothing in here is mine!

I think we will paint the ceiling planks white to open up the house, but not sure whether to stain the cabinets darker to provide more contrast, use a tintable stain like Sherwin Williams has, or paint them a nice cool color. I love blues.

I'm also playing with adding an encaustic tile splashback just up to the top of the upper cabinets or maybe do the wall with the sink completely and just splashback on the other countertop.

I also don't like naked cabinets/drawers so I'm going to add hardware..

The bathrooms have copper sinks so I'm thinking of incorporating something like that as well in here, but maybe that will be pots and pans?

I'm afraid of straying too far from SoCal adobe and into Santa Fe style or even Santa Barbara.

Help appreciated.

Here is a photo from an adobe house on a home tour that I really like although hubby is not a big fan of green.

Comments (16)