SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_58143885

Climbing rose zone 6

Reb Z6-KS
3 years ago

I've been reading rose posts all day, finally got brave enough to just ask my own question!

I want to plant a climbing rose on the front of my house in a part shade spot. All my searches end up on David Austin roses, which I'm not opposed to, although the options that seem right are always pink and I'm not sure pink will look great on my ugly brownish brick house, but if it has to be pink I can handle it.

I'd like continual blooming or at least good repeat blooming, fragrance and small to medium flowers. Obviously almost thornless, bee friendly and good disease resistance are also great, but I know I can't have everything!

Every time I think I've found a good candidate, I read that it doesn't bloom well in zone 6, or it shatters in dry heat, or it's really not hardy past zone 7, lol, so confusing!

I'm not particular about what kind of rose it is, it just needs to blend well with my very not fancy, weird brick house. Here's a picture of the south, non-difficult side of the front garden with the ugly bricks.

Any suggestions?

Comments (5)