SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_32525154

Installation of fireclay apron front sink into KraftMaid cabinet

K Hk
3 years ago

Hello! my husband and I are DIYing a house build and we are on the kitchen right now. I have a Fira fireclay apron front sink that needs to be installed into our cabinet. The cabinets we have are KrafMaid and for anyone unfamiliar with those the darn sink box is plastic (I did not realize this when we bought it). I guess it’s supposed to be good for all the stains and messes that develop under a sink but right now it is creating quite a dilemma in how we install the sink support. I was thinking I’d use one of those Pete’s support kits and screw it into the plywood box of the cabinets next to the sink cabinet, possibly with an additional piece of plywood added to the inside of the box of the regular base cabinet for more grip and support. We have also considered cutting out the plastic where the supports will go so that they will screw directly into the plywood as opposed to going through the plastic.

Does anyone have any advice on this? A regular 2x4 base for the sink just won’t work because the plastic flexes and it would not be stable. Surely there’s someone out their who has figured this out! I’m so annoyed the cabinet is plastic 😫 Also, if your advice is to buy another sink please save it. The sink is purchased and at this point can’t be returned.

Thanks!!!

Comments (9)