SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shauna_riordan

Does anyone have any interior design experience?

Shauna Riordan
3 years ago

Fair warning, our place is a mess.

We just moved and have taken random pieces of furniture with us. I’m happy to get rid of a few items and replace them with something that makes more sense... but I’m hoping to try to make this work with buying as little as possible.

Our couch is a deep green and we have a lot of whites and golds in the mix. We’ll be getting a white-ish carpet in this week to brighten up the area.

1. layout- we have an angled room and a large couch. This means that if we put the tv where intended (on the opposite side that it currently sits) we should angle our couch to match that wall. Should I do this? It would make the living room/tv area more private.

2. we live in a dark space. I’ve chosen a green couch as the centerpiece and am now having trouble piecing together the room.

3. art work/lighting. I wanted a get a modern boho look but I’m struggling. I’m the mirrored table we have has basically become an eye sore.

4. we live in a very social building and everyone knows that I’m a studying architect... so they automatically think I can do interiors. SEND HELP!!

Comments (2)