SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_257413542

Window Treatment Design Dilemma

Lancaster
3 years ago

I am looking for window treatment design options that do not overwhelm the room, provide optional privacy, and that are not too casual or too formal. This is a 1930s home. Room windows at night make the room a fishbowl as they face a nearby sidewalk and a neighbor's home.

Unique design issues are casement windows and doors that open inward, hardware on windows and doors that would obstruct blinds/shade operation, lack of molding on window and door trim, lack of depth on window insets for installing hardware, plaster walls, radiators that extend out under some windows, a few arched windows and doors, and lack of any open wall space if drapery were applied on all windows/doors.

I would like to paint the woodwork white and move to a cool color in this room. I may need to paint the cast stone fireplace due to its yellow undertones. Floors and tiles will be replaced. Lighting will need to be updated and added.

Any help with design ideas that pull all the different windows together without overpowering the room would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County