SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kwilmers

Desperate! Please help!

kwilmers
3 years ago

After sampling literally every light greige paint color known to the internet I am pretty sure I have narrowed it down to either Benjamin Moore Gray Mist or Olympic Mountains (which I have been told is the same as Fog Mist). Think I’m leaning towards Gray Mist but just checking to see if anyone has any input/experience with either of these colors before I go buy a gallon to try on the walls. I have a tricky room with an east facing window in the back which is the dining room and a west facing window in the front of the room (living room) and then high vaulted ceilings in the entryway which stay pretty shaded mist of the day. Everything I like in the dining room turns too muddy/dark in the entryway corner especially in the evening. I’m pretty resolved that I will never find a color that I love in all the different lights but it’s going to cost quite a bit to have it painted due to the high ceilings and corners so I’m trying to make sure it’s right. It’s currently painted a light peachy color called Verona Beach by Dunn Edwards which was here when we moved in and while I don’t hate it I just want to make it a little lighter and more neutral but still warm and cozy. My family won’t even give their opinions anymore because they say I’m going crazy “just paint it white!” So any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments (6)