SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

My3Dogs Christmas Wreath - part 2

Tina Marie
3 years ago

Yes, I know it's early for Christmas decorations talk/thoughts, but I want to get my ribbon now. I know what will happen if I wait, I won't be able to get what I want!

I loved the wreaths My3Dogs shared with the french horn, pinecones, and Christmas plaid ribbon. i've been searching Etsy for bows already made (ones I make look like crap LOL) or spools of ribbon. There are a couple of places in my area that may make bows, I need to call and find out for sure. I already have nice evergreen wreaths. I do not put wreaths on each window, but we have an arched window on either end of the front of the house - I like to put one there and on either side (hang beneath the light fixture) of the garage door. Then I hang a swag with the matching ribbon on the light post at the end of the sidewalk leading to the front door. Of course I have something that will blend/work with the other wreaths on the front door. For years I've used red velvet ribbon. I think what I've decided to do is make a similar wreath to what My3Dogs showed using a french horn, etc. (ie a fancier wreath) and then on the windows, etc. just the wreath with the plaid bows. I may use some pinecones on those too. I found several french horns on ebay.

Question(s) for My3dogs - can you gestimate how much ribbon for one bow? Also, your wreaths look like you added some grapevine - correct? I'm so excited about these wreaths!

Thank you KSWL for starting the thinking process and to those who shared wreaths!

Comments (12)