SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arialw

Too much blue abstract?

3 years ago

Hello - I am in the middle of decorating my den into a home office.

It's a small cozy little room, so I want to make sure I am not playing with too many bold colors.

I purchased two all white "Alex" desks from IKEA. These will sit side by side (against the windows) and fill the exact width of my den. I would like to keep the blue art work that is currently up on the wall, but I am in love with this rug:

https://www.wayfair.ca/rugs/pdp/bungalow-rose-gomez-oriental-blue-area-rug-vlht1101.html?piid%5B0%5D=31821451 Mix of blue and white.. it's subtle but also want to make sure it is not competing with the art.

I've attached a couple photos.

1. The inspiration

2. My den with the blue art

3. The rose gold mirror which I think is really unique and can fill the wall on the left

4. The fake plant with blue pot.

Maybe all these things won't into the space, but any suggestions and what you would keep and/or take out would be appreciated. I've thought about it many times and can't seem to make a decision. I don't want too many colors going on and even thought about changing the curtain rods from silver to a brass matte gold but they it won't match the grey shades that are installed. Right now, I have blue, white, and rose gold - plus the silver curtain rods.

Comments (9)