SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
queenmom3661

Need some advice for fixing plantation shutter installation - please!

Neonzeus
3 years ago

I had plantation shutters installed on 15 windows (including 2 large 5' - 8' picture-windows) in my home by a franchise of one of the big blind sellers about two years' ago. Within a few months, the interior trim molding around the shutters started falling off. The molding pieces are held in place by magnetic strips. The magnets are attached to the frame and the trim pieces by sticky material. The installer has come back twice to put the trim back on with new magnets, but pieces still fall off every month. Today 3 large pieces of trim fell off on my 2 yr old grandson! I was wondering if I can get some white finishing nails & try just adding two or three to the trim pieces myself so they stop falling off the windows? Should I use screws or nails? Would it be ok to also spackle & paint over the head of the screw or nail? If I do this, what size of nail or screw should I use? The trim pieces appear to be pvc. The installer was very surly and took a long time to come back the 2nd time, so I'm sure I'm on my own. Thank you for suggestions!

Comments (3)