SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bradley787

I need some advice please

bradley787
15 years ago

I recently had a 'company' come out and do some pond remodeling for me. The initial meeting went very well, then it was down hill. I gave him half the money up front. Long story short, he basically failed to show up, and when he did, he only did so to drop of a day labor person that managed to tell me in broken English the he himself didn't do pond work. After enough problems, I simply told him to not come back.

Here's my new problem. I hired another company for fix and finish the prior company's goofs. Well, these guy are very nice, prompt, and are doing their very best, but their work has leaks. There's a leak in a hose connection and a separate leak they describe to me as a pin hole leak. They have told me this isn't a problem because they have directed the leaks to run into the pond. For the most part they are, but there is some pooling at the leak areas. I know I will rapidly lose water at these evaporation points and told the guy. He's getting very impatient and said all ponds are going to have evaporation. Ok, sure they will, but if the leaks they created are the source of the problem I think they should fix it.

They are making me out to be difficult to please, but all of my complaints are about their leaks. They are tired of taking the stacked rocks and attempting to fix leaks so they basically just say let it run into the pond.

I'm not happy with that and they want their money. What do I do?

Comments (14)