SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

Bud Bennett Daylilies

daylilybedmaker
3 years ago

I think it is time to post all of the Bud Bennett daylilies that I grow. A couple did not bloom for me this year, so I will get them next year.

BEAUTY IN MOTION: Usually the first one of his to bloom. It is a large ruffled one. This picture was taken in the PM and looks lavender, but it is pink.

BLUES IN THE NIGHT: Mr. Bennett decided to use Lavender Blue Baby and crossed it with his KIWI MAGIC. This one blooms for a long time and is loaded with buds.

JAZZ ME BLUES: A sibling to the one above. It is a smaller bloom, but loaded with buds.

BURTONSVILLE BLUSH: One of the first ones that I bought from Mr. Bennett when I visited his garden. It will poly and throw extra petal tissue out of the throat. I love the color.

ONCE OVER LIGHTLY: When it gets established and clumps up, it is an impressive sight as the blooms are just above the foliage

BO KNOWS: A smaller bloom. It is loaded with buds.

RUNAWAY ROMANCE: Sometimes it has a bluish cast to it. Very weather dependent. This one is a parent to many of Mr. Bennett's intros.

WILD CHERRY WINE: One of my favorites. The middle of the petals frost out in the evening giving it a white with a pink edge look. Wonderful sight to see.

TAINTED LOVE: There was a period of time where Mr. Bennett experimented with light oranges and yellows. This was taken in the pm and is washed out. It is usually much darker in color.

JUBILIEE BALL: One of his taller intros. This is one of my favorites. The blooms seem to open at a 90 to 100 degree angle from the scape.

More in the comments

Comments (9)