SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texmax13

Greige paint for an open concept with northern exposure??

texmax13
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi! I am driving myself completely crazy trying to choose a paint color for my small (1558 sqft) open concept house. The entire downstairs is open concept which is also open to the upstairs, so the color will be going everywhere except bedrooms and bathrooms.

I currently have Sherwin Williams Stone Lion throughout the house except in the kitchen where I have Sherwin Williams Loggia. I am looking to cool things down and lighten it up, but I do like a good amount of contrast between the whites (baseboards, ceilings, doors and cabinets) and the walls. I really want gray, but considering I only have windows on one north facing wall (and one small window at the top of the stairs which faces east) and the fact that all of my fixed elements are warm (beige countertops, warm/dark laminate floors, dark brown sofa, beige carpet) I think its a safer bet to go with greige.

I have tried about a billion samples so far and am having a really hard time deciding. I thought I had it narrowed down to Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter, but now I am starting to see purple in some lighting, so I added Magnolia Home Gatherings back into the mix but sometimes I worry it's too green. Now I'm considering getting a sample of Sherwin Williams Worldly Gray, but am not sure if it'll be too gray or revisiting Sherwin Williams Agreeable Gray which I initially ruled out because I was seeing pinkish tones. I understand that I will see undertones/overtones with any gray, but I can't figure out which cast would work best in my space.

I am attaching some very old pictures from when I painted my cabinets and put in my flooring. The painter I will be using, uses Sherwin Williams; so I have had samples mixed up of Magnolia Gatherings in Magnolia, Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams and each looks different; I am attaching a photo of that as well.

Comments (46)