SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amokk50

Question about fertilizing blueberry container

R D
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

If I apply a soluble synthetic fertilizer (ammonium sulfate, urea or acid based fertilizer mixed with water, for example) on day one, and then, on day two, I water the blueberry plant with water leaching the container (leaching in order to get rid of salt build up), does this have the effect of removing the fertilizer? On super hot days, I must water the plants every day. Otherwise, they’ll die. I can’t water just enough to make the soil wet, the salt build up eventually burns the roots and leaves, even when I apply little fertilizer (0.25tsp per gallon, for example.
I’m curious to know if the fertilizer leaches away with the salt when I water, or does the fertilizer “hang on” to the soil? If so, how long does it take for it to “hang on” to the soil? If container is watered once a week (with fertilizer) or everyday of the week after applying it on day one, is the end result of the fertilizer still the same?
I hope my questions are clear. I would appreciate a detailed explanation because I want to understand how it works. If you are not familiar with synthetic fertilizers, please refrain from replying, suggesting me to use organic methods, etc.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH