SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_1433548

How high to put Masonry?

Lisa Nixey-Primier
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

So I am building a house that called for a masonry ledge that I had wanted to scrap and do all board and batten, however, we are discussing it again and would like some idea's about the height of the masonry. My budget changed a bit through the building process and I was hoping to get away with a shorter masonry wall, like 2'? I believe 3' is more typical, and our window ledge is just over 36" height, so a 3' wall l would leave about 1 or 2" space between the top of the wall and the window. So if I did 2' then we would have just over a foot between the top of the wall and our windows. I also wanted to do three sides in stone and leave the back porch to just our siding material, which will likely be board and batten. Would a 2' wall on 3 sides look okay?My next dilemma is if I do a 9" vinyl horizontal siding or a 12" wood board and batten. I've been told that the wood is so much nicer on a custom home, but I am not looking forward to the maintenance. In terms of resale, would either of these be a deal breaker for you?
See pictures added in comments section!

Comments (22)