Did anyone watch the 2 night special about Jeffery Epstein?

joann_fl

I'm not sure if it was just 2 nights or not since I watched the 4th episode today. (DVR). What exactly did that man do to make all his money? He was spending a ton but I don't see where it was coming in? Such a sleaze bag.

What is wrong with people and their sex drive?

Why haven't they arrested all the others involved? It really gets to me about Trump & Clinton being his friend, were they a part of all this too?

SaveComment16Like
Comments (16)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
woodrose

Trump was not his friend. Epstein was once a member at the Mar-a-Lago Resort, but Trump kicked him out for harassing a young girl, and had nothing to do with thereafter. That happened many years ago.

3 Likes Save    
Bookwoman

What exactly did that man do to make all his money?

He embezzled it from Leslie Wexner: https://abcnews.go.com/US/billionaire-businessman-leslie-wexner-refuses-reveal-full-scope/story?id=68461262

I haven't seen the documentary, but I'm surprised this wasn't discussed.

Save    
Toby

Trump was indeed his friend. They were photographed together many times. In 1992 they were photographed at Mar-a-Lago at one of the parties. In 2002 Trump told New York Magazine “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it—Jeffrey enjoys his social life.” It wasn't until 2007 that they had the falling out over the teenage girl.

12 Likes Save    
arcy_gw

I saw the Netflix documentary. It said he was an investment genius. He invested other people's money. The last line in the documentary from one of the victims rings soo hard for me. Epstein was one minor cog in a HUGE network of sickos who abuse and traffic females. The others have not been hunted down, caught nor named. THAT is the bigger tragedy. And it is FRIGHTENING how powerful these creeps are!!! Who are they--well who killed him? Start knocking on the doors of Clinton and see where it takes you...It would be nice if they got Maxwell to lead the way--she has to know where the police should start!!

Save    
dedtired

Do you mean the. Netflix series? I watched that. I felt like I needed a shower afterwards. So disgusting. It certainly seems like Trump was his buddy along with a lot of other high powered predator types, including Bill Clinton. The list is long and I bet more names will come out during the trial of Ghislaine Maxwell. I do not believe for a minute that Epstein committed suicide. The prison was incredibly poorly run and corrupt. It would have been easy for the right person to get in there and murder him.

1 Like Save    
Bookwoman

How did Jeffrey Epstein make his money

Epstein’s wealth came from numerous sources – his ability to swindle himself into Wall Street, his involvement in illegal Ponzi schemes, and, allegedly, the outright stealing of absurd amounts of money, chief amongst them.

Save    
graywings123

From Bookwoman's link: "The episode shows how Epstein left college after attending for two years
and sought a career on Wall Street, following a brief spell teaching at
a prestigious Manhattan school, The Dalton School."

He was hired at The Dalton School, with insufficient educational background, by Attorney General William Barr's father, who was headmaster. His sleaze was noticed there:

NYT on Epstein at the Dalton School

5 Likes Save    
eld6161

What makes me shiver is where were the parents of these young girls?

1 Like Save    
Annegriet

Super disturbing.

Save    
joann_fl

The parents of these young girls were not doing their job. They were poor, druggies some homeless, and just didn't care about their children. That is why Jeffery went after them. They were a hopeless bunch. I did watch the Netflix series but it was on the Lifetime movie channel the past few days.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

trump also had a private party with epstein and 28 women/girls at mar-a-lago.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-epstein-party-at-mar-a-lago-women-2019-7

And let's not forget what he said most recently about ghislaine:

Mr. Trump’s comment about Ms. Maxwell, who was arrested in New Hampshire this month and is being held without bail in a federal jail in Brooklyn, came in response to a reporter’s question about whether he expected her to go public with the names of powerful men who have been accused in lawsuits of taking part in the sex-trafficking ring that Mr. Epstein allegedly ran.

“I don’t know,” Mr. Trump said. “I haven’t really been following it too much. I just wish her well, frankly.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/nyregion/trump-ghislaine-maxwell-jeffrey-epstein.html

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

it looks like he's just one of the group. Very secretive.

Save    
bob_cville

Let's also not forget that Epstein and a woman who worked for him allegedly procured a 13 year old girl and allegedly were there in the room when Trump allegedly violently raped her. Epstein was reportedly angry afterwards, not about Trump raping the 13 year old, but because he felt he should have been first.

1 Like Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

And then there is his buddy Prince Andrew. Did that come up in the film?

1 Like Save    
joann_fl

Yes, Prince Andrew was also accused, Nothing about Trump raping anyone. I'm not surprised. Sometimes I just hate these high powered rich people!!!! Law enforcement, judges & Lawyers have their fingers in the pie also. Their day is coming. (not soon enough)

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

I just got finished watching this. How sad for all those women, no justice in the end.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Houzz Call: What Did Your Dad Teach You About Making a Home?
Fathers share skills and wisdom with their kids. What did you learn from yours?
Full Story
Books 11 Great Children’s Books About Home (and 2 Honorable Mentions)
Homes come in many different shapes and sizes, and these kids’ books highlight the tallest, the smallest, the oldest and the silliest
Full Story
Community Community Building Just About Anyone Can Do
Strengthen neighborhoods and pride of place by setting up more public spaces — even small, temporary ones can make a big difference
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever