SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carson_kamin

PLEASE HELP! I have a weird situation with my newly purchased house!

Carson Kamin
3 years ago

hi everybody, my name is carson, and i’m 19 years old. i’m looking for some help, on behalf of my mother. i can’t allow her to keep getting walked on and i would greatly appreciate some advice.

My mother and I just purchased a new house. A lot of weird things happened but let’s backtrack to the beginning. We have been searching for a house with a real estate agent that we know. I will not disclose her name but as you know real estate agents, talk the talk but when it comes to the walk they don’t put their money where their mouth is.. With that being said we found a beautiful house. We finally got in contact with the owners we walk through the house and we loved it. To start with it looked beautiful when you first glance at it. They needed time to move out of the house so they had over 4 weeks to move out because they “have enough time as is” (closing was july 6th). let’s fast forward to July 6. Both my mother and I were waiting to go meet at this house to walk through it one final time. my mother was at the lawyers office figuring out details on the close, and with something else that is currently going on, that is unrelated) she is going to stress her self to death, this is why i’m begging for some guidance).

as i’m waiting at our current house for a text from either our realtor or my mother to head over for the walkthrough.. KEEP IN MIND- closing was at around 2... they left the house that same day at around 12, per the son of the real estate agent.

our real estate agent tells my mother That she is sick and that it’s probably best for us not to come in to let her and her son do the walk-through. This right here is what I absolutely boggles my mind. Not only was I not notified that this was the case I sat there for over an hour waiting to go see this house. my mother now stressing at the lawyers office doesn’t know what to do and is afraid she’s going to lose her deposit. we’ve now had an inspector come out and he said everything looks good. They have walk through the house they said and “everything looks good and there looks like there’s a little bit of trash”??! whatever that means right? as if they had left that day and through the Fourth of July party the day before. nevertheless I’m not sure what got miscommunicated and where, but they had left and now this house was closed.... my mom now freaking out, doesn't know what to do and is now being pushed by everyone because she belives she loose the deposit. (However come to find out that was never the case)... so our real estate agent "attempted to facetime" us for the walkthrough, however there is no internet out there, because they took the wifi....

let’s fast forward now a few days, we get to this house and we stumble upon an absolute disgrace. it was disgusting. It was as if they were living there until the day of and left right before we had came in. i have linked photos as well, just so you can see the extent of what was left...and thats not all of it.. not only was there trash everywhere. personal belongings such as sandals, clothes, underwear, pots and pans left out, fridge was full of leftovers.. then come to find out the oven doesn’t open the water doesn’t work correctly, and the automatic gate has issues. it was beyond disrespectful it was as if they tried to make it a mess. let me tell you when we walk through this house for the first time it was absolutely gorgeous....

fast forward today we now need a new oven we paid for a cleaning service to clean out everything, garbage removal and a few other things that that the inspector should have with ease, seen... it’s as if they didn’t inspect it or even walk through.... this has to be some kind of negligence or some kind of class actions i can get our money back for the simple things that should have been already inspected and taken care of...

now we have spoken through our broker, their broker, and through any means, they would not work with us and wont help pay for any of the mess THEY LEFT!.. everything has crumbled and we are left with this huge mess in the dark... isn’t our real estate agent supposed to have our best interest, see trash and say something? not close on a house that isn’t hers? ? i just don’t understand how this happened? isn’t the inspector supposed to see the simple things like an oven not working? or the water in the main shower not working? we would have never closed had we simply been there, or seen any of this. it’s my single mother and i just need some guidance.

if you need any more information I have it- carson k.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County