Jerry Falwell....nice try........

Lucille

Latest excuse from the Unzipped Execs Club:

"Yeah, it was weird. She’s pregnant. She couldn’t get her pants zipped and I was like trying to like… I had on a pair of jeans I haven’t worn in a long time and couldn’t get zipped either. So, I just put my belly out like hers."

SaveComment20Like1
Comments (20)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roy4me

Good grief.

His explanation is weird.

1 Like Save    
matthias_lang

What's this? Do I need to do some Googling?

Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Ewwwwwwwww ickkkkkkkkk

Save    
Lindsey_CA

@matthias_lang - Jerry Falwell Jr posted this pic on Instagram and got immediate backlash. He then took down the pic and started in with his excuses. One was that the woman is his wife's assistant, that she's pregnant and couldn't get her jeans zipped all the way up; and that he had on jeans that no longer fit and he couldn't get them zipped all the way. Another excuse apparently was that they were having a theme party and the theme is "white trash" and they were "in costume" to go along with the theme.

Um, most women when they're pregnant buy larger clothes when they start to get too big for their regular clothes. And most people, men and women, who have jeans they haven't worn in a long time, who put them on and find they no longer fit, take them off and put on something that does fit.

I'm also not buying the "black water was a prop" bit, either.

Save    
georgysmom2

Not funny....very sad!

1 Like Save    
Elmer J Fudd

What, another person shown to be a phony and a hypocrite among the evangelical crowd? Oh No!

Forgetting the obvious insincere "religious" lying he's been offering for decades, that's not even acceptable for a loud mouthed bigot with a drinking problem to have done. Wait, I think maybe he is a loud-mouthed bigot all the same, don't know if he has a drinking problem.

10 Likes Save    
lily316

Such a wonderful Christian example for the youth at Liberty.

1 Like Save    
laceyvail 6A, WV

Elmer, I'm with you on this one. He's a despicable person.

2 Likes Save    
aok27502

The BBC reports that he's taking an "indefinite leave of absence" from Liberty University.

BBC link

1 Like Save    
adellabedella_usa

I don't know anything about this guy, except the name tells me about the family connection. He could be a good guy or a bad guy. I don't know. I wouldn't immediately jump to the conclusion that there is something sinister going on. We honestly don't know the context of the picture. It could be exactly as he says. Goofy pregnant belly shots are a thing. They are usually done in the spirit of fun and aren't always considered tasteful for polite company.

2 Likes Save    
Bluebell66

I saw on the news this morning that his current explanation is that it was a costume party. Riiight.

1 Like Save    
nickel_kg

adellabedella, yeah for some people this could be just a goofy photo shoot and it reflects well on you to be so kind. But Liberty U is in my state and I've been aware of this guy for years. This guy *is* a slime ball. He deserves no ones respect.

I could go on about what is better for a person than leading others astray but won't.

4 Likes Save    
dallasannie

Falwell does not deserve any sympathy after all of the distortion and lies that he and his father have foisted onto the intellectually vulnerable and all the times that they have preyed/prayed upon the troubled and lost and fearful. However, it does look as if it is just a private joke that got loose.

I find some satisfaction and irony in the fact that his own words and his own people are now holding him accountable for this is the very manner that he has encouraged and taught them to criticize and condemn others.

Getting his "comeuppance" for sure.

It is is true as on poster commented that it was a "white trash" party, that has other implications. That would be that he is making fun of those who have put him where he is. True, not true? I don't know, do you?

When I saw the news headline I thought that maybe he had made the mistake of sending a picture of his penis, hopefully to an under age female or any age male. . I only wish it was so.

To find him being chastised by his own ilk that he fostered and nurtured, hanging by his own noose, is golden. Still I wish his pants were hangin open a bit farther for all the world to see. If he was to go down, at least it he could have made a bit better show of it.

Way to go, jerry junior!!!

Save    
jupidupi

At his height, the normal place to rest his hand would have been around her upper arm. The guy's trying for a little side boob action. Even if I bought his explanation, a "white trash party" is pretty racist.

1 Like Save    
woodrose

Racist ? Am I missing something something ? I guess you could say it's racist against poor white people, but I just find it disgusting.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Yes, his hypocrisy extends to racism too. Many past incidents, here's a recent one.

Everything this family has been publicly involved with has been evil and destructive under the false guise of being the opposite. It started with his father. The school needs to be shut down.

Falwell racism

1 Like Save    
kadefol

The entire fallwell clan is, and always has been, a bunch of vile, greedy hypocrites. Hopefully this will be their permanent downfall.

3 Likes Save    
ghostlyvision

Couldn't agree more kadefol, maybe he'll be able to regain his 'moral footing' while on the indefinite leave he's been forced to take. Not only the insanity of that pic (and his ever-changing explanations for it) but throwing a "costume party" to mock the mockumentary TV show Trailer Park Boys? My eyeballs are rolling across the floor.

2 Likes Save    
graywings123

The most disturbing aspect of his Facebook post for me is "on the yacht."

1 Like Save    
joyfulguy

Maybe he could sell the yacht ......... and send some of the money to help the people of Beirut recover?

We the people of the world are all in the same fragile canoe.

o j

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bedrooms Designer Tips for Creating a Better Bedroom
In the dark about bedside lamps? Waffling over pillows at the store? Try these ideas for a more comfortable bedroom
Full Story
Colorful Kitchens A Baker’s Dozen Colors for Kitchen Cabinets
Not into white? Try one of these deliciously colorful kitchen cabinet possibilities
Full Story
Vintage Style Kitchen of the Week: Cheery Retro Style for a 1913 Kitchen
Modern materials take on a vintage look in a Portland kitchen that honors the home's history
Full Story