SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rowan_s

help upgrading a collegey budget bedroom

Rowan S
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I was carless and pretty broke for several years. As a result all my furniture is either from childhood, or family dollar lol.
I'm about to buy a new queen sized mattress, thank God, and probably the cheapest platform bedframe I can get my hands on.
But I SUCK at decorating and need opinions on how to make my room look better. I really prefer a minimal look, as bright as possible with less clutter because the room is rather small and shady in the first place. I want to maximize the shine off the hardwood for more light lol.
Right now it feels super cluttered to me and just...not good. All the different color finishes drive me crazy. But I'm trash at picking out things that go together well...I buy things I like but then it looks bad all together 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I just want it to look legit, like I somewhat have an eye for design 🤦‍♀️
The only thing I care about keeping is the stained glass, and the dresser (it's too heavy to move lol.) Thank you!
p.s. I'm also probably on a poverty budget compared to other people on here...I actually have some savings now, but excluding the mattress I can't afford to spend more than like $300 to make this look good. Including a bedframe :/
Sorry about the sideways photos, I can't figure out how to remove them haha!

Comments (2)