A twist on fried pickles - so good!

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan

These are wrapped in Havarti cheese and egg roll wrappers and then deep fried - they are so good!! I usually don't fry food at home, but I love fried pickles and couldn't resist giving these a try. I'll post my pictures in the comments.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/fried-cheesy-pickles-5510743.amp

SaveComment11Like
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

6 Likes Save    
plllog

I like melty cheese sandwiches with a long slice of dill pickle. Pretty similar. ;)

Save     Thanked by lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
amylou321

Oh wow. Those look sooooooooo good! I love fried pickles!

Me too! Whenever DH and I feel like eating "bar food", I always order fried pickles. With ranch. Not gourmet, but oh so good! I don't like bottled ranch, so I make "homemade" ranch...you know, from the Hidden Valley packets. ;-)

Save    
foodonastump

Looks great as is but I’m wondering if they’d work with lumpia or spring roll wrappers. Would that stand up to the melty cheese?

bcskye

Something I'll have to try!

Madonna

foodonastump, they definitely do not work with spring roll wrappers, as I had first picked up a package of those when I couldn't find egg roll wrappers. I finally found the egg roll wraps at the third store I went to. Decided to fry a couple with the spring roll wrappers as well since I already had them at home and they were greasy, greasy, greasy - so nasty! The cheese oozed out and it was just yuck. My husband didn't care, though...he drowned them in ranch and ate them anyway!

1 Like Save    
foodonastump

I’m glad I asked!!

1 Like Save     Thanked by lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
bragu_DSM 5

I used Carolina reaper cheese and baked mine for 25 minutes at 385.

Great!

I figger baked is a skosh healthier than deep-fried ...

they'd be great with cream cheese and a dried beef wrap round the pickle too.

ETA:

lmc_mich: I've been looking for that hotpad! Thot I left it at Church ...

1 Like Save     Thanked by lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan

bragu_DSM, good to know that baking them works....were they still crispy?? I might try that next time! The reason I don't deep fry at home that often is it stinks up the entire house, even with decent range top ventilation. When I fry chicken (once a year and what a pain!) I use an electric frypan and fry it outside.

Are you making fun of my scorched and grungy hot pad? It's one of my favorites - thin enough to easily grip hot pans, but thick enough not to burn my hands. Ugly, but I like it. :-)

Save    
bragu_DSM 5

lmc_mich:

absolutely not ... I have a drawer full, and still am running out or they are scurrying to another hiding place. Glad the brown one found a better, more caring home ...

[ ^_^ ]

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Modern Architecture Design Workshop: 10 Surprising Twists on Window Trim
These modern approaches to window trim include no trim at all. Can you wrap your head around them?
Full Story
Decorating Guides So Your Style Is: Cottage
Cheerful, laid back and welcoming, cottage style feels like a giant hug. Find out how to make this appealing look work its magic
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Simple Pleasures: Make Do and Mend
Experience the satisfaction of fixing, repurposing and creating things yourself around the home
Full Story
A beautifully designed space not only has function, but creates a mood or feeling that shows the personality of... Read More
With quality custom window treatments and the best window treatment designers in Long Island, we have you and... Read More