SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Helping choosing a blue colour for island hood

ontariomom
3 years ago

Please help. We are getting a stainless steel island hood painted at an auto body shop. We can have pretty much any colour we want (choice overload). We think we want to have a metalic colour. The hood will also be getting antique brass trim in two spots (done by a metal work shop).

Can you please help me choose a suitable blue? So far:

1)The walls are BM storm. We wondered if having a bluer, metallic version of Storm might be nice.

2)Our couches are blue/green and arm chairs more navy (see pics below)

3) Island is dark stained brown maple and perimeter cabs are off-white

4) Counter top is Bianco Drift

5) Lighting is mainly antique bronze and hardware and faucets polished nickel.

6) We are considering navy blue, velour for the bar stools.

Here are some pics showing some of the elements. In the first pic you will see the blue/green colour of the couches which is the middle fabric swatch (couches are already bought but in storage) and the dark grey colour of the fireplace. Please ignore all the other elements.

The blue fabric at the bottom of these four sample fabrics is the chair fabric.

Below you will see a rectangle labeled Ga that is silvery/textured blue. That is a colour we considered for the fan. However, that exact colour is no longer available to us through the autobody shops (nor do we have the sample). I plan to use some of the blue decorating plates in the fireplace built ins. The B below is our island stain and C is the colour of our perimeter cabinets. We did not use that hardwood. We chose a red oak Treehouse Mirage that is brown and has oak grains.

Here is a photo of the possible bar stools (not bought yet).

Anyone want to try their hand at helping us choose a colour? I wish we had metallic colour samples, but we don't. We were told to just choose a paint colour and they would match it (or choose a car colour we liked, lol). What do you think about going a slightly bluer version of BM Storm as that is the wall colour for all these rooms that are open to one another.

Comments (12)