Speed oven how noisy are they?

Yvonne Szikla

I am Remodeling and looking at a Bosch speed oven to go in a cabinet that has the family room on the other side. I’m concerned about noise since we would be in family while oven is on or after we turned it off. Rep say they are on the noisy side. Wondering what other people have experienced? Other brand suggestions?

SaveComment14Like
Comments (14)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur03

If the rep is a rep from Bosch and not just a general sales person believe them. They would normally not mention sound. Most because of the fans will have some noise but a lot would depend on the insulation in the wall. Have you talked to your contractor about sound insulating that wall. I am puzzled about the "after we turned it off".

Save    
Fun2BHere

This forum is mostly conversations. You might want to post your question on the Kitchen Forum as that is where more posters are shopping and researching appliances. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/kitchens

1 Like Save    
yvonnemarie053

thanks so much for your reply!

the store rep asked the Bosch rep after I asked how noisy it was. He replied that the Bosch rep said all Bosch ovens are noisy! I currently have a kitchen aid oven/micro combo. ( at least 5 years old), And it is very Noisy after you turn oven off. Fan seems to go on forever. So the first thing I thought of when looking at our remodel design is that the Bosch speed oven would now go into a cabinet that backs up to family room. Appliance showrooms don’t allow you to actually turn it on and off to judge sound and I can t find noise specs on any of the speed ovens! Store rep said he would check with Miele and wolf reps regarding noise. Not sure if its a tactic to up sell?

Save    
sprtphntc7a

you can also post on "Appliances" to get more responses!

i have miele S.0. i don't think its noisy at all

Save    
Judy Good

I have speed bake built into my regular oven. I do not think it is noisy at all. Just sounds like a fan.

Save    
yvonnemarie053

Thanks for your reply. Do you mind my asking, Judy, what brand is your oven?

Save    
yvonnemarie053

Which miele do you have?

Save    
georgysmom2

Can you insulate that wall before installing oven? That should help somewhat with noise level.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I'm not sure what makes it "speed". I have a GE Trivection which does speed bake by adding a little bit of microwave to the regular oven...not enough to be a separate microwave, but enough to cook the insides faster while the regular oven heat browns. Noise is no different than when it's running on convection...you hear the fan running.

Save    
yvonnemarie053

Thanks!

Save    
cmm1964

I have a Bosch that has a speed convection setting if that’s what you’re referring to. The fan can be quite loud but the oven itself is a workhorse.

Save    
yvonnemarie053

to cmm: they have something new called speed ovens that mix microwave , convection and oven and would work as a second oven /warming drawer for us. I currently have a kitchen aid wall unit oven (old one) that is so loud after turning it off that I'm afraid this might be the same but now its against a wall that has family room on other side!

Save    
sjerin

I have an Advantium 240 (speed oven and microwave combo) and don't find it too loud. Pretty hot, yes, but that's the point.

Save    
Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping How to Speed-Clean Your House
Short on time but still want to keep up appearances? Discover these tricks for making your house quickly presentable
Full Story
Life The Polite House: How to Deal With Noisy Neighbors
Before you fly off the handle, stop and think about the situation, and follow these steps to live in harmony
Full Story
Housekeeping How to Clean Your Range and Oven
Experts serve up advice on caring for these kitchen appliances, which work extra hard during the holidays
Full Story