SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vaporvac

Lady of Shalott: experiences no-spray in humid zone?

Vaporvac Z6-OhioRiverValley
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I experienced a depressing bit of the green-eyed monster yesterday when I noticed my sweet newer neighbors had put a couple of climbers atop their tall front retaining wall behind their metal fence and they looked FANTASTIC. I guess my pitiful specimens were not inspiring. I didn't even know they were interested in roses as they've never commented on mine. Anyway, after my personal pity-party, I texted to compliment them and ask about their choice, its health, their spray schedule, etc. It ends up it's Lady of Shalott deciding to grow as a vigorous climber NO-SPRAY! Can we please call this beginner's luck? I'd love to hear more about this rose. Theirs was a lovely gentle colour instead of the usual orange I associate with it with perfect foliage. I was considering Autumn Sunset, Buff Beauty, Aloha Hawaii and Teasing Georgia for a friend's garden, but this was so gorgeous. Their site has perfect sunlight and drainage which probably helps. I'll add a pic of theirs in a bit.

P.S. I quickly got over myself and am now looking to see what else they may grow and happy to have a rose grower next store. It sure would be nice to talk to a real person about roses.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus