SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Flavoured tea suggestions

Jasdip
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I make water kefir, which is a probiotic, similar to kombucha. I typically use frozen strawberries and mangoes; grape juice and strawberries, lime juice with ginger and basil, and frozen berry fruit concentrate.

Someone in a group mentioned they love hibiscus teabags in their water kefir and it was a glorious bright pink colour.

Since i don't drink flavoured tea, and I was hoping to not have to buy some and then discover that I don't like the taste, I threw out a request on Freecycle. Someone wrote, saying she has a number of bags, odds and ends of different flavours that I can have. Thrilled, I went over to pick them up.

I brewed the raspberry/pomegranate, but it doesn't have much colour. I haven't tasted it yet. Looking closer at the boxes, they're all several years expired. There's no life left in those leaves. So I threw them all out.

Some were a lemon/ginger, which I thought sounded good. Others were green tea (which I don't like) white tea and red tea. No hibiscus, which is what prompted the search.

What flavours do you like in tea, that you think would make a good cold drink, and the brand, please.

Comments (12)