Looking for Caffeine Free Diet Coke

kathyg_in_mi

Impossible to find around here. Asked one of the grocery managers and he said last time he asked the Coke delivery person he said it wasn't being made anymore.

Oh well, I'll just switch to Diet Vernors!

SaveComment37Like
Comments (37)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lisa_fla

I’ve seen comments that there is a shortage of materials to make cans. They are probably only making the most popular varieties right now. I think it will be back. You can keep tabs on the inventories at Walmart, target, dollar general thru their websites. My dollar general says limited availability. Be sure to check the dates on any you find. Make you can find out where you can get it in your area by calling the 800#

Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
ratherbesewing

I don’t drink soda, but isn’t Coke Zero a diet and caffeine free soda?

rob333 (zone 7a)

rather, the Zero refers to the sugar content. It is not caffeine free.

They make caffeine free varieties of Coke, Coke Zero, and Diet Coke.

FinallyHome

That's interesting about the cans. Kroger is always out of Fresca.

ci_lantro

Probably due to the aluminum can shortage. I read an article that said some of the brewing companies are prioritizing their most popular products to try to meet the demand there. Likely the same thing for the soda companies.

I drink caffeine free Sam's cola. Supply has been spotty for 3-4 months. Had to buy caffeine free diet Pepsi one time, the 2 liter plastic bottles another. Then scored 2 twelve packs and, last two trips, none in the store.

I have one twelve pack of Sam's diet w/ caffeine but I need to quit caffeine around noon-2pm. And I don't usually want a soda until late afternoon.

Supposed reason for the shortage is because of increased demand for product in aluminum cans because of the pandemic. More product being consumed in the home and preference for cans because the cases stack better & require less room than glass/ plastic bottles.

joanmn

My Walmart app says they have it.

wantoretire_did

Budweiser is advertising red, white and blue special cans. That may account for an aluminum shortage. BUT not my diet, caffeine free Coke!!! Please.....

graywings123

I'm on the lookout for caffeine free diet Dr. Pepper.

It's hard to believe there is a shortage of aluminum. Apparently the price of aluminum is so low that no one is interested in collecting cans for selling for scrap.

joanmn

Walmart.com also shows CF Diet Dr. Pepper.

Uptown Gal

States will have to go back to the Can/Bottle Return for Deposit Law. Only a handful of States still do that.

At least a good share of the bottles and cans will

be turned back in and as an added bonus it cleans up the roadsides..no

more pitching cans and bottles out of car windows by idiots.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
sheilajoyce_gw

I still find caffeine free diet Coke in the 2 liter bottles.

chloebud

Someone was asking about a shortage of CF Diet Coke here awhile back. At the time I had no trouble finding it. However, it's nowhere now, including the 2 liter bottles.

ci_lantro

From what I understand, it's a shortage of aluminum cans, not the raw material. The can-makers can keep up.

ETA: The can-makers can NOT keep up--is what I meant to type!

kathyg_in_mi

Here in Michigan we do return bottles and cans for 10 cents each. But every store I go to does not have Diet CF coke. I have one 6 pack of bottles in the garage and am drinking my last can of it. Diet Vernors is in the fridge now. I do like Vernors, thankfully. I have so much trouble sleeping I avoid caffeine like the plague!

My sister in Montana who drinks Diet Vernors says she can’t find it by her!

BTW, I donate all my returnables to the local Boy Scouts. They use the money for the boys going for their Eagle Scout!

Save    
bbstx

My Walmart app shows my local store has it in plastic bottles but not cans.

bpath

I looked when I was in the Jewel today, and nope, no CFDC in cans, only in bottles. Same with caffeine free diet Dr Pepper (I didn’t even know they HAD CF diet!) but they had plenty of other Coke products in cans. Including my new favorite, the adorable 6-oz can.

dedtired

I just bought some. A can full of chemicals but i like a Diet Coke once in awhile. I have the Caffeine Free if it’s late afternoon or evening.

I got it at my local Acme grocery store. It’s cans in one of those long boxes.

kathyg_in_mi

I will miss my "can full of chemicals!"

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Have you tried bubbly mineral water, especially the ones with light fruit flavors? They're very good and can help you avoid drinking "cans full of chemicals".

I think I've seen reports, maybe you have too, that even diet soda drinks aren't particularly good for one's health and are best avoided.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
bpath

But sometimes a little can of chemicals, or as I call the CFDC, fizzy brown water, is just what you need.

I don't care for the flavored waters, I like it plain. These days it's Pellegrino.

kathyg_in_mi

Drinking Diet Vernors tonight!

Save    
Suzieque

I don't like to drink anything that comes in a can (beer, soft drinks, etc.). Actually, I very rarely drink any soft drinks anyway, but when I do, and it's in a can, I think it tastes (negatively) different. Either it does or I've somehow convinced myself that it does. Doesn't matter ..... I'd rather a bottle.

marylmi

I don't drink much pop anymore but have some around for company. I love Vernors and it is always a staple in case of flu, etc. in the winter. For my ginger ale fix these days, I drink Zevia Ginger Ale.

arcy_gw

Coke almost lost its shirt when it discontinued Dietcoke lime. The replacements were awful and did not sell. Stores here quit wasting shelf time, IDK if caffeine free is around here, diet coke is my caffeine hit at mid day!

ci_lantro

Just noticed that hubster scored two twelve packs of caffeine free diet Sam's cola yesterday. He said there were 3 twelve packs on the shelf & he bought two of them. I drink about 5 sodas a week so I'm good for awhile. Still have a few in the fridge from the last time we found it.

joann_fl

Diet drinks are worse for you then the real thing.

1 Like Save     Thanked by kathyg_in_mi
kathyg_in_mi

Diet drinks are it for us diabetics unfortunately.

Save    
wantoretire_did

Plenty of CF Diet Coke on the shelves at Price Chopper in the capital region of NY state!! :-)

kathyg_in_mi

So they sent all the CFDC to New York. DRAT!

Elmer, next time I’m at the store I will buy a bottle or 2 of fizzy water.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

Give it a chance, I think you'll grow to like it. It's certainly better for you than any kind of soda. I rarely if ever drink soda anymore.

(I don't know how anyone can drink any of the diet versions of soda. The ones I've had have all seemed to taste so off, as if they were so old that the flavor had turned, like spoiled wine does)

kathyg_in_mi

WOW! $38.25 for two 12 packs! I miss it but I’m not crazy!

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

That's about $1.50 per can. You'd pay more than that in a restaurant or casual food place for one drink.

jemdandy

Try switching to diet caffeine free Pepsi until your favorite Coke product becomes available again. I know, Pepsi and Coke Cola have decisively different tastes, but possibly, its a solution you could live with until your favorite product re-appears.

kathyg_in_mi

CFDP is also missing from the shelves of the stores here!

Save    
ci_lantro

My local Target has CFDCoke in stock.

kathyg_in_mi

I’m 2 hours from a Target.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping Portrait of a Reformed Terrible Housekeeper
See how a man who once stashed dirty dishes under the couch is turning over a new leaf for a neater home
Full Story
Fun Houzz Don’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
Feel-Good Home 15 Cozy Book Nooks and What They Want You to Read
Put the beach reads away; these comfy spaces are creating a fall reading list. What books do they suggest to you?
Full Story