SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

How much soda/coke/pop is too much?

quirkyquercus
17 years ago

I drink soda like Cocacola. I am addicted to it but more on that in a sec.

I normally have my first 12oz can for lunch then usually another one can for dinner unless I'm eating out. Then another one can after dinner. During the warm months I may have a can in the afternoon. So that's 3-4 cans a day (450-600 calories). I don't drink diet soda. I cannot stand the taste of it although every other adult I know drinks diet only.

I've been trying to find refreshing alternatives to soda and haven't come up with anything all that good.

I've tried fruit juice (runs), Green tea (you don't want to know how my tummy reacted to this), various types of bottled water like Syfo and San Pellegrino (too expensive and leaves me bloated, sparkling or carbonated types not that refreshing), other types of juice and snapple (too much sugar to be a good alternative), milk (intolerant), soy milk (requires refrigeration after opening, not cheap) Beer (too expensive, not that refreshing, alcohol) Gatorade type drinks (Taste/salty)

About the only thing I've come up with as a viable alternative is A&W root beer. Specifically this brand as it doesn't have caffine and lower calories, no citric acid.

I'm trying to figure out if my intake of soda is unreasonable. Am I drinking too much? I don't have any weight issues and excercise regularly. I've always had this intake of soda since I was a kid.

If I don't have a soda for lunch, I will have a headache later that afternoon. I could drink 3 liters of water and still have a craving for a soda. How can I kick this habit? I don't like that I am addicted soda more than anything else.

In addition I drink 1-2 16oz bottles of Dasani water everyday starting with breakfast. It's the only bottled water I like.

If I go to a restaurant or bar and drink something other than soda... beer for instance, the first thing I do when I come home is crack open a nice refreshing Mr.Pibb.

I suppose there are worse addictions but thanks me, my dentist has a new porsche.

Thanks for any help or ideas.

Comments (23)

Sponsored